“Small portions”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

We have visited Sea Palace many times, the decor never changes, its always cold, smells musty and is dirty but the food was the best in Penzance this is no longer the case, the portion sizes are small, the food no longer tastes authentic also served on dessert plates presumably to fool their customers into thinking the portion sizes are the same... the waitress was attentive but we won't be going back

Reviewed 12 September 2018

I went to this restaurant with three others, it had been my birthday the week before and as a treat we decided to go to Cornwall. We had starters, Bang Bang Chicken, Crispy duck and hot & spicy chicken soup. The crispy duck was ok but the Bang bang chicken was made with salad cream and very little chicken while the soup was a bottle of Uncle Bens stir fry sauce. We cancelled the main course and paid for our drinks and the crispy duck. Every one we asked said it was the best Chinese in town. We tried the Indian down the road, PERFECT!

Date of visit: September 2018
SeaPalacePenzance, General Manager at Sea Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Hi russellrebrab2018,

We don't actually have a "Hot & Spicy Chicken Soup" on our menu (and even if we did, it certainly would not come out of jar of Uncle Ben's) and the only restaurants "down the road" from us are two pubs and a meadery.

Perhaps you have us confused with another restaurant?

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

The food is authentic, lovely atmosphere and very good value for the size of the dishes.
I’d recomend aromatic duck.

2  Thank João V
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Poor cleanliness, layers of grease and stained prawn crackers. Fire alarm went off randomly for couple of minutes. Over-charged for beers. Bean sprouts tasted like they came from an old tin. Mains were tasty however.

On the plus side, the used car salesman and his Thai wife appeared to be enjoying the ambience.

I enjoyed the retro decor - must have looked good 30yrs ago. Worth a visit to rubber-neck.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

We went in here after a trip to the Isles of Scilly (one for the bucket list) and I must admit I planned it beforehand.
The food and service was EXCELLENT, from working away from home for many years I found certain areas Asian cuisine was not quite to my liking but this place was bang on.
I thoroughly recommend.