“Amazing food with a classic touch”
Review of Harris Restaurant

Harris Restaurant
Ranked #46 of 196 Restaurants in Penzance
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 September 2018

Although I have lived locally for many years, this was my first meal here. First impressions were of a classic restaurant that has probably seen little change over the years but if it works, why change it, the focus here is not on the décor but on the food. I had an amazing John Dory baked whole in the oven with a saffron sauce, incredible. My wife had a perfect fillet steak. Service was friendly and on hand to give advice when required. I was very pleased to find many wines available in half bottle sizes, this is not found often and when one of you drink Red, the other White, it is very welcome. I cant wait to go back!

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 30 August 2018

We had read the reviews on trip advisor and were expecting delicious food. The three course meal and attention we received from the two owners was beyond anything we could have imagined. We couldn’t have wished for more. I would highly recommend the lobster, an amazing experience. We will definitely return. Thank you for a memorable evening.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

A birthday visit, which for me was one of the best meals out for a while. I would certainly recommend the hot lobster. A quiet professional ambience, with a great team. We shall return!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 11 August 2018

Just excellent in every way - attentive service, excellent food-albeit limited menu, and wine. Would visit again and hopefully will.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 10 August 2018

This was a short notice booking based on previous, albeit out of date, knowledge. We were not disappointed.
We both chose the lobster for main course and it came up perfectly cooked with just the right amount of vegetables and sauce to complement it.
The sweets were exceptional and there is a wide choice of wine both in origin and price.
The service was friendly and attentive throughout.

Date of visit: July 2018