“Excellent food, drinks & atmosphere”

The Beached Lamb Cafe
Ranked #7 of 241 Restaurants in Newquay
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 21
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Cool and quirky Cafe en-route to Fistral Beach.Open Mic Nights and live music! Big breakfasts, incredible milkshakes, vegan-friendly, dogs welcome, epic cocktails!
Cornwall, UK
“Excellent food, drinks & atmosphere”
Reviewed 28 April 2012

We read the reviews on Trip Advisor and thought we would give it a try...and we were so glad we did. From the moment we entered we were made to feel very welcome, the menu was interesting and varied. The milkshakes were outstanding, friendly staff, food was fresh and tasty and the reggae sound track just fitted perfectly with the place. The only downside was that they did not a high chair for our 10 month old baby, but they were very accomodating in locating us somewhere out of the way and allowing us to move chairs around. We still give The Beached Lamb top marks as everything was fantastic.

• Visited April 2012
Niknak356, Owner at The Beached Lamb Cafe, responded to this review, 29 April 2012
Thank you for this fab review!! We are looking into buying some of those things that tie children to their chair!! So hopefully we will have them for your next visit!! x
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Cornwall
“Loved it”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Been living in Newquay for nearly 3 years and for some reason I had missed it. I won't again. Really loved the place, thought it was quirky and individual, loved the chill out lounge although next time we might not eat our food in this part as my legs ached but perfect for drinks, and I did feel that I could have stretched out on the cushions and no one would have batted an eye :) the cafe was really busy always a good sign. So accommodating, we turned up at about 2 wanting breakfast which stops at 12.00 we asked on the off chance and yeh no problem happy to do it. Have to admit I wished I had chosen something else though. Brekkie was good and believe me having tried almost every breakfast in Newquay this is an achievement in itself (the majority are not good although there are a few fab ones) the other food looked awesome and we will definitely be back trying out the rest of the menu.
If your looking for somewhere to kick back that's a bit different to norm then you should check this place out, sure you won't be disappointed.

• Visited April 2012
Niknak356, Owner at The Beached Lamb Cafe, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Yay we love it when locals discover us!! Thanks for stopping by and we look forward to seeing you again! xx
Leicester, United Kingdom
“PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Oh wow, where do I start? This place is simply heaven on earth! The staff are so welcoming, polite & friendly & look so happy to be there. Every item on the menu sounded delicious & I just didn`t know what to choose. The staff asked me if I would like them to recommend something & I was very pleased they did. I`ve never tasted anything so delicious before, never!!!! The food was just bursting with flavour, these guys really do know about food & which foods compliment eachother. We asked for the same again to take away & returned the following day to eat there again. The food is freshly made to order & just divine! The freshly made smoothies are second to none & the freshly made milkshakes are simply the best too. I had marsbar & mango in my milkshake, heaven!!! The place is full of atmosphere & just so happy & buzzing. Its suitable for any age group, we are both in our 40`s & there were younger & older than us when we ate there. I`m really going to miss this place now we are back home in Leicestershire but we will be back again next year & The Beached Lamb Cafe will be our first stop!!!!!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank fieldhead4
We are so happy that you liked THE BEACHED LAMB so much! I think you both became addicted to the Roxy Sandwich!! Thank you for your support and hopefully see you soon!! xx
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Totally chilled out”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I visited with a group of friends whilst in Newquay for the weekend in early April. We'd not sought this place out but just happened upon it for breakfast one morning, and went back the next day as we liked it so much. The menu is large and varied, and the service always with a smile. The food was ideal and the group particularly liked the back room for its relaxed experience. If you like the basics done well, you will appreciate this place.

1 Thank Ben F
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! We are glad you loved the Lamb and the chill out lounge! Hope to see you again soon xx
Cornwall
“Something for everyone!”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Being a vegan in Cornwall, I find it hard sometimes to get a good meal out, but on the recommendation of a friend we ventured into Newquay to try the Beached Lamb Café.

First up, let me just talk about the menu. How refreshing it was to see so many vegan options, especially when the establishment is not strictly vegan or vegetarian. There really is something for everyone. My other half is not vegan, so it was particularly nice for us to go out for a meal and both be able to pick something directly from the menu that we can enjoy without being “difficult” or “fussy”!

The café itself was very welcoming. Whilst the front area was light and airy, we were shown a space at the back strewn with lots of cushions and beanbags, low tables, soft lighting and relaxing décor. Amazingly comfortable and would be a wonderful place for lunch with a small group of friends.

Onto lunch. The salads, sandwiches and sharing plates all sounded great, but we both plumped for a burger. We were given the choice of chips on the side or a salad with raspberry and mustard dressing. The latter sounded yummy but guilty pleasure won over! A little disappointed to see when it arrived that none of our food was homemade, therefore not too sure about value for money at £14 for two burgers… however, they both tasted great!

Lots of choice again for drinks. All coffee was organic and fairtrade and soy milk was available. There was also a good selection of teas and chilled soft drinks. The homemade shakes and smoothies sounded wonderful, with dairy-free options of course. We both opted for the pineapple and coconut smoothie, which turned out to be a fine choice - delicious!

Overall we both enjoyed the Beached Lamb Café and will definitely be back. I think our initial disappointment with the food was outweighed by the relaxing, friendly atmosphere… and lets face it, there are lots of other menu choices for our next visit! Would definitely recommend to anyone - vegan or otherwise. 4/5!

1 Thank VeganCornwall
Niknak356, Owner at The Beached Lamb Cafe, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Thank you so much for your review! We try to cater to everyone and are happy that you both had a great time! You must have literally missed our change to home-made burgers by a day!! Now that we have a fantastic chef we are switching to more home-made options. We were using a gourmet steak burger before but we now offer a huge home-made, well seasoned beef burger which has had great reviews from our customers! We look forward to seeing you again and would highly recommend one of our dairy free fresh strawberry ice cream shakes and our Roxy Sandwich - hot falafel, avocado, tomato and sweet chilli sauce : )