“Very good instructors, lots of fun...”

Dolphin Surf School
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I actually came to Newquay mostly for climbing. As I stayed in the Trewinda lodge I thought I could as well try out some surfing. So I took my first surfing lessons ever there and really had so much fun. My first lesson was with Mark, the others with Alex. Had a lot of fun with both of them and really learned a lot as well. As I am addicted to surfing now I will definitely be coming back!

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Great group, does what is says on the tin!
I have two teenaged daughters and wanted a school I could trust.
Mark led a team of instructors who were all v responsible and organised. We were all beginners and v nervous, we were put at ease straight away and given good quality equipment to use as part of our lessons. We had instructors in the water with us the whole of the time we were in the water and help was always on hand when needed. The school has a minibus to take you onto another beach (Tolcarne being the local one) should the need arise. Mark the owner is a very enthusiastic man and very family friendly, great experience.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

My 10 year old daughter really enjoyed her 3-day course with Mark and Sam. She told me it was a sport she would to take up; if we lived in a international surf capital like Newquay! All in all, great lesson, great instructors!

Reviewed 18 July 2012

We got a good instructor, but it was clear they had not planned anything before we arrived. Being newbies in surfing we were not told to arrive at a time when the tide was right for us - we therefore only got 1,5 hours of surfing before it was too unsafe for us to surf. Also after having finished the surfing lesson, which was good, there was no access to showers. Back at the back yard of the owner of the surf school we were told water was too expensive (even though the charged us 30 pounds pp. for the instruction) .The equipment was old too. We felt a bit cheated after having had such a great experience with the surf school we had in Bude.