“Perfect for Families.”

Ranked #9 of 29 Quick Bites in Newquay
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 19
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated on the edge of Newquay town and enjoying stunning views along the coast the Fort Inn is a welcoming and comfortable pub with that prides itself in catering for all members of the family from toddlers to grandparents. The Fort is also famous throughout Cornwall for its amazing Sunday carvery - a hit with all members of the family! So whatever the weather, and whatever the occasion the Fort Inn is the perfect destination for a family meal or get together
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Lovely beer garden overlooking the harbour and beaches with a kids play area indoor and outdoor. Food reasonable, had better but had a lot worse. Pizza booth is a great idea. We ordered some garlic bread from there whilst waiting for our main course from the pub and it was lovely. Wide selection of lagers, ales and gins, definitely worth a visit for the views alone but would also eat here again.

Date of visit: August 2018
StAustellManagement, Manager at Fort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Thank you for this review. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit to us and we do hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Stopped in here for a late lunch after being at the beach and was really pleasantly surprised by the food for a chain restaurant

The views from here if you’re in the area on a good day are magnificent and I would recommend a drink in here just for that!

But we had a really lovely meal here, I had the mussels I loved them and managed to get my 8y/o to try them then lost half of them to him! The sauce was really good and it’s served with two thick wedges of bread to soak all the lovely sauce up with - also they automatically give you a second bowl for all the shells! Perfect!

Hubby had the ribs they were good but not falling off the bone - 8y/o had a burger which he demolished so I will assume was good! 14 y/o had the half a peri peri chicken it’s no Nando’s but was good and the chicken was juicy!

We also ordered a pint of the prawns for the table to share they were fresh and lovely only down side was you got a tiny pot of the sauce for the amount of prawns so I would suggest that this is doubled to be honest.

We had puddings from the dessert bar me and the 8y/o went with the toffee cake to be honest the size of the portions one would have been enough and it was one of the best toffee cakes I’ve had! Hubby had the lemon meringue and 14 y/o the chocolate cake none of us were disappointed by these!

Date of visit: August 2018

Thank you for this review. We are delighted you and your family enjoyed your food with us and hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Cracking stay park was lovely the wife wasn’t happy so had no WiFi but didn’t stop out 5 kids enjoying them selfs in the outdoor pool whilst I had a few beers in watching them have fun shop really did a bit more choice but we went to Asda anyway so didn’t really bother us but for people who come via train it would staff were friendly but few bar staff were just learning I think club kids loved it loved the area and the fact it was just so chilled usually we go to park dean but it’s very all up hill and club their you can never get a seat so loved the fact allways a seat in the club with out the stress of nowheee to sit already booked 2 weeks next July as one week wasn’t enuff

Date of visit: July 2018
StAustellManagement, Manager at Fort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

Thank you for this 5* review. It is greatly appreciated. We are thrilled you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you back again in the near future!

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

It was a busy evening but service was good and so are the views! However, the food is over-priced £11/£12 for a very standard burger and the gammon was fatty with a small serving of chips. I did mention to the waitress who asked if the food was ok that the gammon was fatty but she just looked at me like she didn’t understand a word I said and moved off without a response. Shame but we won’t be going back.

1  Thank Helen M
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Visited here with my girlfriend for dinner.

I had a burger and she had fish and chips. Food was very good and the views from the outside terrace was outstanding.

Bit on the expensive side but i suppose the views made up for it.

Date of visit: August 2018
StAustellManagement, Manager at Fort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Thank you David for your feedback, we are glad you enjoyed your burgers with us and we hope we can welcome you back soon.