US$ 121
The Blue Room(Newquay)
US$ 407
  • Bar/Lounge
1,111 results
All reviewssilks restaurantbalcony suitechampagne barbreakfast chefsea viewroll top bathmodern bathroomlovely hotelfistral beachbreakfast roompublic roomsbreakfast was excellentwalk in showerlarge roomamazing viewslovely roomindoor pool
Reviewed 8 October 2017

Having honeymooned in this hotel back in 1992 we decided to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary with a romantic retreat weekend package.

We expected a lot of changes/modernisation after all those years and were totally surprised to see very few changes. The decor hadn't really changed and although the silks bistro was an addition and very nice, we did feel that its location could have been the other side of the hotel looking out to sea instead of the car park and Newquay town centre.

After an initial 'frosty' reception from the Head Receptionist on our arrival (I think initially she had thought we had just walked off the street with our ruck sacks and not a couple with a reservation) she mellowed once we had checked in, the staff were superb with special mention to Victoria and Holly (a credit to the hotel) in our previous email we had mentioned that we were returning to celebrate our anniversary and had the original brochures and invoice from 1992 and all the the staff were interested to see them.

Our sea view suite was fantastic, one of the chefs had even prepared a welcome sweet treat slate with happy anniversary written in chocolate, a nice touch which we probably wouldn't have received with a 'chain' hotel - we even managed to bring 2 small cakes home after the weekend as the staff refrigerated them for us.

Having dual aspect windows the views were stunning, tea and coffee making facilities were lovely and lounge area made a nice area to relax.

The bathroom was vast with his and hers sinks and the roll top bath a real luxury, the only comment I have is the shower wasn't very powerful and some kind of rubber mat or non slip surface could be put in the shower as I very nearly had a slip into the glass panel. Fluffy robes and slippers were a nice touch along with the complimentary toiletries all of high standard.

Breakfast was very substantial and served in the room with the best sea views (back 25 years ago this was the dining room) eggs were cooked fresh to order and although some people on here complained that other breakfast items got cold on their plate while they waited - I just waited for the egg and added the other items after.

We had a lovely evening meal in Silks (I've done a separate review for there).

We tried the swimming pool and spa, the pool was in need of more water as it seemed too low in the shallow end to swim. One tip, if want to use the steam room or sauna, put it on as you enter for a swim as its on a timer and takes a while to heat up.

All in all the weekend package was lovely from the champagne on arrival, champagne afternoon tea, evening meal in Silks and bottle of fizz in room.

The staff - along with the views are what make this hotel and I hope it continues to be family owned.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Atlantic-Managment, Manager at The Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear Sunshinegirl89,
Thank you for a fantastic review.
We were extremely pleased to welcome you after hearing that you had spent your honeymoon with us 25 years previously, and we were looking forward to your visit with our special Romance Retreat package, aimed at couples looking to enjoy a wonderfully romantic stay with us.
I'm surprised that you found there were not many changes or modernisation in the hotel, our indoor and outdoor leisure, swimming pools and spa facilities have been completely refurbished just last year, we have also gone under major refurbishment of our rooms and Suites, and our lobby area has undergone complete refurbishment complete with art deco black and white marble flooring, we have however kept all original features. Our addition of our champagne bar and AA Rosette Restaurant, Silks Bistro and Champagne Bar, which was the first restaurant in Newquay to receive such an accolade is positioned at the front with views of the town and with high skylights lettin in natural light and an open kitchen, we created a large airy space with Mediterranean theme, although guests can still enjoy a sea view in our back ocean view terrace and Cafe Atlantica, which serves the Silks Menu throughout the day. I am glad you enjoyed a lovely champagne afternoon tea and evening meal in Silks.
I am sorry if you did not feel you received a warm welcome on arrival, we always ensure our reception team offer a warm welcome, and it is often noted, so please accept my apologies for this, however I am pleased you found staff including Holly and Victoria to be superb and were so pleased to welcome you and go through the old brochures with you, it is also wonderful news that you enjoyed our special welcome slate, filled with sweet treats and cakes to commemorate such a special occasion.
Thank you for your comments on your sea view balcony suite to be fantastic, and enjoyed the view from your duel aspect windows, our guests love our bathrooms, with roll top baths, his and hes sinks and fluffy robes and slippers and I am glad that you agree- we do provide anti-slip mats from reception, so please do ask on arrival or when our reception give you a call to ensure you are comfortable if you stay again. I am glad you enjoyed the complimentary tea and coffee facilities, and our large lounge area to relax in.
I am glad you were able to use our newly renovated sea view leisure facilities, and am surprised you found that the pool needed more water in the shallow end, the pool is filled to regulation level. Our eco-friendly steam and sauna are on a timer and do need a moment to heat up, as stated, but we found that it is just enough time to enjoy a soak in our ocean view hot tub!
Thank you for your comments on our substantial breakfast served in our Breakfast dining room, and I am glad you find the views "the best!" we are proud to serve freshly cooked eggs to order, and would not have it any other way, as you mentioned the best idea is to order your eggs and then add your other items of your choice once cooked.
I am so glad that you found your Romance Retreat package to be lovely, and I am glad that you found all aspects to be a wonderful way to celebrate your 25th anniversary.
Thank you for mentioning that the staff, views and touches that you receive from this family-run hotel is what makes a stay special- we agree and hope to welcome you back again soon!
Kind Regards

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

My partner and I were fortunate to visit this wonderful hotel recently for coffees as we were on holiday with our puppyy and plan to stay in the future when she is a little older .
We were treated like royalty and escorted to a lovely room where we could take in the wonderful view and brought coffees, doggy treats and water by a very helpful young lady who was a member of staff in Silks champagne bar and Bistro .
This is an absolutely fabulous hotel ; luxuriously decorated
with sumptuous furnishings and wonderfully appointed with amazing views across Fistral beach and far reaching views of the Atlantic sea .
I am planning to return soon for short holiday and look forward to experiencing the wonderful hospitality again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Atlantic-Managment, Manager at The Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Dear Joannebmcd,
Thank you for a fab 5 star review!
We are so glad that you visited our hotel and restaurant with your puppy, and that you found our service to be excellent, we ensure all our guests and four legged friends are given the royal treatment, and I'm glad that you enjoyed our sea view Cafe A, which is dog friendly.
Thank you for your comments on our hotel decor and amazing views.
We hope you will come and visit us again soon, and book that stay with us.
Make sure you like our facebook page and subscribe to our newsletter for deals on our accommodation, and we cannot wait to welcome you soon.

Marcin Galka,
Restaurant Manager

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I stayed 4 nights in September 17 and thought the hotel was perfect. Its position high on a headland affords great coastal views from every room. The atmosphere is tranquil, and the staff are helpful and friendly. I had a single room with an extra size single bed, and it had everything I could need, including a towelling dressing gown and slippers, a lovely bathroom, no sound from adjoining rooms or the corridor, and even chandelier light fittings. Reception telephoned me after check-in to enquire if I was happy with everything. The ambience of the public areas is peaceful and luxurious, the dining room elegant, and the food and service very good. I had an exceedingly favourable rate from Expedia. I took the short flight to Newquay from Manchester and the hotel is a short walk from Newquay bus station, so during my stay I took the local bus to Padstow and the train to Fowey. The bus driver has to negotiate testing driving conditions along steep and narrow roads with sharp bends. I wasn't fond of the Newquay shopping area, but the beaches and bays are unbeatable. This is a lovely hotel that I could visit over again.

Room Tip: All rooms are very good with a view of the coast.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Dear Marisem16,
Thank you for a wonderful 5 star review!
Thank you for such a detailed account of your 4 night stay with us, it really does offer fabulous feedback, to hear you found our hotel perfect has certainly left us a with a smile on our face!
We love your comments on our position on our private headland, great coastal views from every room, and tranquil atmosphere.
It is great to hear that you found your single room had everything you could need, and you enjoyed your fluffy robe, slippers, were impressed by our bathroom, and found your room to be quiet.
Our reception team always call guests to ensure that they have everything they need, we feel this adds to our excellent service. Thank you for your comments on our decor and ambience in our public areas, and dining room, and found our food and service to be very good.
I am glad that you found your rate to be good value for money, and now as a returning guest, you are eligible to be part of our loyalty club, offering you exclusive offers and perks when you book direct.
We really look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

This hotel is just lovely we didnt stay here but would love to in the future,amazing veiws of the sea such a relaxed atmosphere friendly staff , lovely bar area .
We had a wonderful Sunday lunch I think you could easily discount this hotel for lunch because it looks very expensive ,but it isnt we had three courses for £19.95 Bargain I had soup starter roast Lamb and the best ever sticky toffee pudding for dessert just lovely not sickley mush real sponge pudding ! I had a glass of very nice red wine to go with it , very enjoyable day thank you .

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Atlantic-Managment, Manager at The Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Hi louSouthYorks,
Thank you for a fab 5 star review!
Thank you for your comments on our amazing sea views, and relaxed friendly atmosphere staff and lovely bar area.
Our Sunday Lunch is very popular and well priced at £19.95 for 3 courses, and we still offer the 4 star luxury treatment with our locally reared meats carved and served at your table. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our homemade soup starter, Roast Lamb and we have let our team of chefs know that you enjoyed the best ever sticky toffee pudding, and Im glad you enjoyed a glass of wine from our hand picked wine menu.
I am so pleased that you enjoyed a 5 star day with us, and we hope that you will come and stay with us in the future, as mentioned.
Do keep a look out on our website, or like or facebook page for great offers all year round.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Just returned from 4 days at the Atlantic Hotel in Newquay Cornwall. It was brilliant. The staff were so warm and friendly. The hotel is in good condition and our sea view room had a stunning view. My only criticism of the room was that the heating is not turned on until October which meant that the towels were soggy next morning ( we were offered a heater for the room if we were cold, but to be honest the rooms were 'toasty' , the bathroom just needed an electric towel rail. However the towels were changed each day.

We ate in the Silks restaurant on the first evening and the food was well cooked and very nicely presented. The drinks were what you would normally expect to pay in a hotel. The breakfast staff were especially lovely, and the choice was amazing, with the chef cooking whichever choice of eggs you wanted while you waited. The view again was stunning, perfect start to the day.

There are lots of things to do, and places to eat in Newquay, so our time went far too quickly, I would definitely like to revisit in the future.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Atlantic-Managment, Manager at The Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Dear JaxDShropshire,
Thank you for a wonderful 5 star review!
Thank you for your comments on our warm and friendly staff- we ensure that our staff offer a warm welcome, first class service to guests throughout their stay and that nothing is too much trouble, guests find that all members of the team are happy to stop and chat, and help in any way.
Set in 10 acres of our own headland, our hotel, restaurant and leisure facilities have a year-round maintenance programme to ensure that 4 star standards are kept throughout, and it is great that you found this during your stay.
I am glad that you were pleased with your room, and you found the sea view to be "stunning" Thank you for your feedback on the towels and electric towel rail suggestion, I am glad that you found the room to be toasty, and did not need the heater offered.
The majority of our guests choose to dine in our AA Rosette Restaurant, Silks Bistro and Champagne Bar during their stay, and it wonderful to hear that you found your food to be well cooked and nicely presented. It is also good to hear that you found our drinks price list to be competitive, reflecting the hotels' 4-star status.
Thank you for your comments on our Breakfast staff, we always make sure that we feedback lovely comments to our staff. It is great to hear that you found our breakfast choice amazing and that you enjoyed our chef on hand to cook your eggs freshly- and we are glad you enjoyed the sea view from our breakfast dining room.
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we cannot wait to welcome you back to our hotel.