All reviews silver service tolcarne beach turret room sea view traditional hotel family run hotel bit dated the cliff third floor great position large room family room swimming pool booked this hotel friendly hotel bed and breakfast cooked breakfast
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

This will be the third time we have stayed here and have enjoyed each stopover. It has been stated that the rooms are out dated and require refurbishment. Yes they do but the bed was comfortable and I don’t spend much time in the room.
So, what’s going well for this hotel and why keep returning?
The staff in all departments make the stay a relaxing and stress free stay. The restaurant was excellent, both for dinner and breakfast, for food and service.
That’s what I want in a good hotel and that’s why we will return again.
It might not be the cheapest one around but it is only 3 star and we like it.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sprinkle2
Management response:Responded 10 October 2017

It's pleasing to read this is your third stay at the hotel and that you've enjoyed each visit. I'll inform the kitchen staff that the food served was excellent, and housekeeping, that your bed was comfortable. We have a number of refurbished rooms so when you are next making a reservation, please speak to reception and see if they can allocate you one of these rooms.

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

We popped down for the afternoon to Newquay and decided to stay the night. Staff were lovely really helpful, had a lovely room with a sea view. I liked the fact the room was traditional. Not all minimal chrome etc. Bed was really big and comfortable. View beautiful. The breakfast was yummy lots of choice. And hooray decent cutlery, so many places do a nice table and have cheap and nasty knives and forks. I really liked this place.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 11 October 2017

Thank you for your review. I'm pleased to read our staff were helpful, the bedroom met your expectations with a comfy bed and that breakfast had a large choice and was enjoyed.

We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

The room was done beautifully for their RECEPTION and the food was superb you couldn't fault it. The staff as always were polite and friendly and made it extra special as both WENDY and Colin are part of the staff at the Bristol.Compliments to the chef Pam for a splendid meal. The evening buffet was nice although not all of us eat pasties !!!
I booked 3 rooms for our family overnight stay all rooms were spotless and comfortable and very quiet. The room provided for the bride and groom was done so lovely for them they loved it, if anyone thinks of having a wedding there I and all our guests would strongly recommend it.

Room Tip: All are pretty good but of course sea views are the nicest!!!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 4 October 2017

We are pleased to read you enjoyed Colin & Wendy's Wedding reception. I will pass your comments to the team at our next management meeting. I believe everyone attending have a wonderful time.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Expensive . and this hotel is old and outdated . In fact embarrassed to stay there. If I owned a bed like this it would be in the skip. Bathrooms are old and rotten. . Surely British accommodation is better than this.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stewart W
Management response:Responded 4 October 2017

The Hotel Bristol is an older type building. We are currently working through a refurbishment programme including a number of bedrooms and certain public areas. I'm sure you would have seen our newly refurbished Small Lounge Area during your stay. The programme was stopped during the busy summer season and will be commencing again shortly.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

We had a wonderful party on the 16/9/2017 and every thing was very enjoyable, excellent food ,wine and port.the room we had for the night was very comfortable. And staff was so kind .l would like to say thank you for every thing to Mrs Martina Dickinso she made our evening very special and thank you to the waiting staff excellent service.

Room Tip: Very quiet
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 4 October 2017

We are so glad you enjoyed your Gold Wedding Dinner Party. I will pass on your wonderful comments to the team at our next meeting.

We hope to see you again soon.