US$ 232
US$ 153
US$ 421
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
All reviewstolcarne beachsilver serviceturret roomsea viewtraditional hotelfamily run hotelbit datedthe cliffthird floorgreat positionfamily roomdefinitely stay here againroom was largewaiting staffswimming poolstayed for two nightscooked breakfast
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel during the August bank holidays with my two small kids.

The hotel staff were all very friendly and polite. They made us feel very welcome. Look wise the hotel has traditional old school British hotel vibe to it.

The guests at this hotel were mostly old folks and families with young kids so it was perfect for us.

They have a decent free car park just behind the hotel.

The family room we were given on 3rd floor (especially the bathroom) was spacious. It had one double bed and a single bed. The sea view was a bit obstructed but we never had the time to sit and relax to enjoy the view with kids.
They didn't have a mini bar though.

The family friendly beach was right across the road. You can take stairs or take buggy as the beach has stair free way down as well.

Tesco Express is 2 mins from hotel. Very useful when you have kids and want get chips, juice, water etc.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Biren P
Management response:Responded 12 September 2017

Its lovely to read your family enjoyed their stay at our hotel. We pride ourselves on friendly, helpful staff. The hotel is very lucky, having two large carparks available to our guests and our location is handy being only 5 minutes into the town centre.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

Our room the first floor turret room was requested as we had stayed last year. The room is a good size and has in all you would need. There is wi fi and it does work all the time unlike a lot of hotels who do advertise it. the location is 2nd to none as you are just outside the town but can walk in within 5- 10 minutes.The meals we had booked only breakfast which was excellent but we booked two evening meals that were also superb and we enjoyed.

Room Tip: I presume all sea facing rooms will be good but we will always go for a turret room
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave H
Management response:Responded 3 September 2017

I'm pleased to read you enjoyed your stay in the 1st Floor Turret Room. Myself, I love all three turret rooms. The third floor turret has been recently refurbished. I'm pleased to inform you this is receiving favourable reviews from our guests. You may wish to consider viewing this room on your next visit.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

This hotel is well situated but due to the aged decor and my room location it was not possible to get privacy or a nights sleep.

The lighting in the bathroom was poor and I would not recommend the showers.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Management response:Responded 3 September 2017

I'm sorry you did not get a good night's sleep and the bathroom was not to your liking.
The hotel is currently working through a refurbishment programme which was stopped during the busy summer season. We are looking to continue this programme throughout the coming winter months with more of our rooms being decorated and new bathrooms fitted.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Reviewed 30 August 2017

This is a great location - you are directly across from Tolcarne beach with sea views and a huge grassy park that leads you on the coastal path and either into the headlands (to the north) or a quick stroll into town (to the south). The people were so nice and quick check in/check out. I stayed in a big single with a perfect view to the beach, BUUUUT the rooms are in dire dire dire need of a renovation. It's pretty overpriced for the quality (but I was there on a bank holiday weekend where everything was sold out). The bathrooms while mostly clean are extremely old and outdated. The room while it had everything I needed, had verryyyyyyy old carpet, old upholstery, dirty windows, and a very uncomfortable mattress and pillows (although sheets seemed new and soft). This place just needs a massive facelift. However the location is great and even though I booked as a single I had a sea facing room which was nice (but road makes it a bit noisy). I really recommend Tolcarne and Lusty Glaze beach - they are just beautiful. And Watergate Bay not too far down the coast if you like to run its a great loop. All in all, I hope they can update, because while I loved the geography, I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the street side have sea views but more noise because of the road
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 3 September 2017

Thank you for your comments. The hotel is currently working through a refurbishment programme which was postponed during the busy summer season. We are looking to continue the programme during the quieter winter months. We will be decorating a number of rooms, including bathrooms. I agree The Hotel is situated in a superb location, close to a number of beaches and 5 minutes from the centre of town. We pride ourselves on wonderful, friendly staff and it is pleasing to read you received a quick check in/out/.