I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, arriving on Fri 11.11.16 and departing on Sun 13.11.16. I parked my car in the hotel car park at the rear of the hotel. There is a rear entrance to the hotel from the car park.
The location of the hotel is on the seafront, so it is in a nice location.
There is a recently built Tesco Express, within about 1-2 minutes walk from the front entrance to the hotel, which is very useful. When leaving the front entrance to the hotel, turn right, walk along the seafront road (on the same side as the Hotel Bristol) and you will see the Tesco shop ahead.
The hotel has period charm. It would appear to have recently had extensive restoration and upgrading work completed to the ground floor function rooms and dining room, so has a very smart appearance.
The staff that I met were all exceptionally polite and courteous (very rare in hotels nowadays).
I had dinner (2 evenings), light buffet lunch (Sat only), breakfast (2 mornings). All the food was very good indeed, apart from a goat's cheese starter (it was runny, which I thought was unusual so did not eat it) at one dinner.
At all meals there was a good selection to choose from.
1. Check whether the ensuite bathroom has a bath and shower, or only a shower. Some of the bathrooms have a shower and do not have a bath.
2. Some bedrooms have step free access, some bedrooms do not have step free access, if this is important to you, ask before booking.
3. There is a lift, but access to some bedrooms still requires you to climb several flights of stairs!
4. The view from the 3rd floor front corner bedroom that I stayed in (2 nights) has a very good sea view. I paid a premium to stay in this bedroom, compared to other rooms at this hotel. The bedroom was large and excellent. There was no noise from the hotel function rooms. The bathroom was large and excellent (bath & shower, toilet, washbasin). However, the bedroom (on the third floor) was accessed (from the first floor) via several flights of stairs from the 1st floor, so very good exercise! I was able to use the lift to the first floor, then had to walk along the corridor, then use several flights of stairs to access the bedroom.
5. Ask for a recently upgraded bedroom & recently upgraded ensuite bathroom when booking, if this is important to you, but no doubt this will mean a higher cost.
6. The TV in the bedroom worked very well.
Would I stay at this hotel again? Yes definitely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional family run hotel. Set above Tolcarne Beach with views of the Atlantic Ocean. Civil Wedding Licence, meeting rooms, free wi-fi, restaurant & bar meals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Best Western Hotel Bristol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Newquay
- Best Western Hotel Newquay
- Newquay Best Western
- Best Western Hotel Bristol Newquay, Cornwall