“Good Food, Nice Athmosphere”

Stavros Greek Taverna
Ranked #58 of 263 Restaurants in Newquay
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 June 2018

Very good greek ( cyprus) food, small but nice place with amazing atmosphere , greek music and smiled people. Although we had to wait for a food a while , we didn't mind as the place is really great. Definitely can recommend eating there to anyone who visits Newquay.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Have been to Cyprus a number of times so familiar with the food. This restaurant certainly looks the part with a bright Cypriot feel to the interior and plenty of seating outside too. No effective air con inside so it gets very hot inside so if it’s warm enough sit outside.

Service was fine, time to chose and served up quite quickly.

I had the kleftico (lamb on the bone) and it was cooked perfectly. Came with rice and potatoes but I’m not sure the potatoes we’re Cyprus ones which is a shame.

Hummus was nicely presented but didn’t taste outstanding. Our other course was also saltier than we prefer. So overall, food not brilliant but satisfactory rather than amazing. Ambience very good and service fine too- hence a mixed rating.

Would come again - just for the Kleftico :)

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Had a very nice meal and starter. Good portion size. Service was a little slow but worth the wait. Had a cider which was quite on the expensive size. £4.95 and was advertised as 580 mls but was a much smaller bottle at the same price. Still worth the visit as lamb kleftiki was delicious

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Upon entering the establishment and being greeted (no response to a Greek Cypriot welcome). I thought ok the place is done up from top to bottom in Greek Cypriot souvenirs, pictures and deco etc. but they aren't from Cyprus. Ok. When the waiter returned I then asked him which part of Greece he was from? He looked very awkward and just replied "Oh" and skulked away. So I thought ok they're not Greek Cypriots or even Greek but if the food is ok then who cares.
The starter arrives it is humous with warm pitta bread. No flavour whatsoever. I've had much better humous from Tesco!
The main arrives, there's enough for two people but the moussaka is cold in parts and has no flavour and the side salad is drenched in foul tasting oil. Just bad food. If you can't cook, you should at least be able to prepare a hot meal.
Looking at other reviews on here I can see this is not the first time a cold meal has been served either! Walking away from this place I couldn't help feeling I had a very bad taste in my mouth. Fake and bad 'Greek' food. It's the kind of dining out experience that puts you in a bad mood as you feel ripped off. My only conselation is wondering what Gordon Ramsay would've said to the manager. I think he may have sworn at him.
After being advised by an old bloke at the B&B about this 'great' Greek restaurant around the corner I thought I'd try it. I will have to bite my tongue this morning at breakfast.

Reviewed 20 May 2018

The service & food here was something left to be desired, our food was so badly prepared uncooked and cold that after being served terribly by the staff and I think the owner we couldn’t be bothered to complain doubt it would of mattered we couldnt get out quick enough, extremely disappointing we will not be going back .
Jane,Jonny & Jasmine