“Lovely spot for lunch”

Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Situated perfectly above the harbour so you get lovely views whilst having lunch.
An old fashioned feel to the pub with a family oriented genre with lots of seating for all and also includes your dog.
We got a perfect seat in the window looking directly down to the harbour. Bar staff very friendly and quite happily chatted whist pouring our drinks. I was lucky to find Aspalls cider as it is rare in my home town.
If you like real ale then this is a pub for you as a large selection of house and guest beers on offer on keg.
Varied menu and not expensive either. I had a smothered chicken and my lovely wife had a king prawn salad, both very tasty.
We stayed for an hour or so and sampled a couple more drinks before e left.
Very busy pub during this lunch time with couples, families plus locals came in for a drink.

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

Went here after long drive south to Cornwall. My husband had fish and chips and I had a fish butty. Both were really well cooked and reasonably priced. If we hadn’t been so tired we definitely would have had a pudding as they looked amazing! Great service from some very busy waitresses.

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Back in the red lion again...oh how we wish it was our local with everyone so friendly! Two or three visits every time we come down to cornwall...see you in october. And by the way beer excellent as usual!

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

We stopped off for lunch with the dog. Pub is dog friendly. We had sandwiches and they were very big! Excellent value, tasty food, great staff.

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Been visiting here with my family on holiday for years now. We really like this pub, the atmosphere is nice and they put on some good entertainment. As for the food, we have always been pleased. Most recently I ordered the bone rib dish which was superb. The meat was some of the best that I have had in a long time. The rest of the family were happy with their dishes too. A little let down on the deserts, the sponges and cakes were a tad too dry for our liking. The drinks here are also quite good and fairly priced. One of the better pubs in Newquay that’s for sure.