All reviews loading bay parking permit perfect location full english cooked breakfast whilst attending a friends wedding your luggage great bathroom minute walk breakfast table amazing views room overlooking the harbour busy road recommend staying here a great stay stayed here for nights next morning
Reviewed 29 March 2018

Tried to book through Booking.com. Got a return email saying my (valid, working) card had been rejected. Called the property the same day and left a message. 2 days later my booking is cancelled. Call the property again. Owner answers and could not have been less interested in my business. Treated like a liar and a fraudster. He insisted his email to me through the booking.com website said the issue with my card was the lack of CVC code. I explained that a) the site had never asked for it and b) the email back through the site simply said it had been rejected with no mention of the CVC code. He continued to insist the email contained this information and when I offered to forward the email to him he rudely refused to pass on his email address and eventually hung up.

There are lots of nice places to stay in Looe - no need to patronise one where the owner is rude

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Grins2001
Alan K, Owner at Shellseekers Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

We are sorry that this situation occurred but we would like to point out that without a valid credit card we cannot process customer’s bookings.
Validation of the credit card occurs to confirm the booking for the customer and ourselves; the customer is assured that they will be accommodated and we have the security of knowing that the customer intends to arrive.

This customers booking could not be confirmed because a CVC code was not provided.
A message was sent via booking.com to request these details.
Twenty four hours notice is given to provide the correct credit card information, otherwise the booking is cancelled.

Having failed to provide this information, this person then telephoned myself and gave me a tirade of abuse down the phone for cancelling his booking.
We run a very respectable business, as our other reviews will tell you, and I (nor anyone else) should have to put up with that kind of verbal abuse on the telephone.
We followed all the proper channels to try and sort this problem out.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

I couldn't fault my stay at all. Lovely rooms, Alan was extremely welcoming and made you comfortable. Will definitely be coming back. I 100% recommend staying here, you will not be disappointed. Beautiful views and being so close to The centre of Looe is ideal. Literally can not wait to return.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Chloe G
Alan K, Owner at Shellseekers Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Thank you Chloe for your fantastic review, excellent guests are always welcome Kind regards Alan & Claire

Reviewed 28 October 2017

Hard to find better , great location ,easy access to beach , shops ,restaurants , great costal walks. Accommodation was very clean and comfortable, enjoyed good breakfast and friendly helpful ,hospitality. Recommended

Date of stay: October 2017
2  Thank MILT_10
Reviewed 20 October 2017

This is just the most perfect place for a B&B. Situated in West Looe, just a few yards from the bridge it is both close to the long term car park and within a short walk of all the restaurants and cafes on the east bank. Just opposite the house is a loading bay so that you can park on arrival for enough time to check in, take your luggage to your room and collect the parking permit from the owner. The designated parking bay is in the Millpool long term car park just upstream of the bridge. You can use the walkway underneath the bridge to,avoid crossing what can be a busy road. On arrival we were greeted by the owner, Alan and shown to our room which was the front one with the bay window overlooking the harbour and bridge. The room was bright and well appointed and the bed proved to be very comfortable. The en-suite, though small, was adequate and beautifully clean. Breakfast the next morning continued to be a joy with a wide variety of cereals, very good coffee, toast and a variety of preserves to choose from as well. Although I hadn't asked before, I was offered gluten free bread and with the cooked breakfast the gluten free sausages were so very much better than any I have tasted before. Alan served breakfast and asked about our plans for the day, making suggestions about interesting places to visit and good places to eat in Looe. Friendly but not intrusive, he struck just the right note.

A lovely place to stay. I would highly recommend it and would love to return.

Date of stay: October 2017
3  Thank dit702017
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights whilst attending a friends wedding. Could not have asked for anything better, rooms are beautifully decorated, views of the harbour are amazing and owners could not have put us any more at ease. Would come back again in a heartbeat. Thank you for having us! X

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank H3540NQelizabethg