“A perfect location for a romantic, quiet getaway!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
KendalDav...
KENDAL
“Nice apartment and great view but I regret giving the owner my custom”
Reviewed 18 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016
person found this review helpful

I had the owner's phone number on a document supplied in case of a problem. Having walked uphill for 20 minutes with cases at night, I telephoned because I had a problem gaining entry to the building. I happened to mention that I would in due course, e-mail a suggested improvement on the access instructions (supplied by the agent). He went semi-ballistic at this point saying it was nothing to do with him. When I expressed surprise that he was indifferent to advice that might improve matters for future guests he put the phone down on me. Basil Fawlty, you could learn a lot from this guy.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
19 Feb 2016
Thank you for your feedback. I am not sure if you followed the detailed arrival information we supply guests, I assume not if you walked for 20 minutes uphill as this isn't possible from the train station to the apartment. I am sorry the owner reacted in this way, although having discussed the matter with him his version of the conversation was actually the opposite of yours. I am glad you enjoyed the apartment and would respectfully suggest that you read the arrival information thoroughly in future to ensure a stress free start to your holiday, wherever you may stay in future.
RobG520d
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“A perfect location for a romantic, quiet getaway!”
Reviewed 15 October 2015 for a stay in June 2015

This is a perfect little apartment in the quietest part of Looe, the West Cliff area. The location is spot-on, it is easy to find, the building is modern, the décor is modern, what more could you ask for? How about uninterrupted views across the bay? Surely there are not many apartments within this price range, of this quality, with such amazing views?

We arrived around mid-day after driving over from Portsmouth after landing on an early morning ferry from France and were warmly greeted by the owners on arrival. The first impressions of the apartment are breath-taking, with open sea views from both the bedroom and living room areas. The apartment is compact, but it's perfectly proportioned for your needs, it would suit a couple perfectly.

The location is ideal, only a few minutes walk from the sea front and about a 10 minute walk to the beach on East Looe and there are several nice bars/pubs within walking distance.

For me, one of the most important factors about this apartment was that it comes with allocated parking and the space is very reasonably proportioned. I have a 5.1m large saloon car and I could easily park and access all doors etc. The car even had a sea view as the car park is above/behind the building up on the hillside.

I/we would definitely stay here again should we eventually venture back to Looe.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view, even my car had a view!
Liked least: Having to leave!
ScottyG70...
Leyland, United Kingdom
“Amazing!!!!”
Reviewed 2 September 2015 for a stay in July 2015

We stayed here for 3 weeks. Lucky I know. We visited looe for many years at a local camp site but treated are selfs to this lovely apaetment. Well il start with the living room a touch compact but plenty big enough. You have tv/dvd and surround sound also sky box and wifi but you can't get all channels but that's due to the hilly climate but to be honest the amazing views out the 3 very large windows were my TV for the time we were there sat watching the boats go by. The kitchen is very well equipped with dishwasher great oven/grill. The bathroom has a great power shower. The bed room has a very comfortable bed with a amazing view onto the beach which was a great treat everytime you woke up. The very friendly owners came on a Saturday to change bed sheets and top up dishwasher tablets ect.
If your a Looe virgin this apartment is in just the right place amazing views 24/7 close to shops/pubs and the beach. Plenty of walks to go on to. Only down side which is no one's fault but people who can't park. The parking spaces are snug and couldn't get in my drivers door once but that's just people who can't park.
Over all amazing views great apartment and lovely owners. 5 star from us and we see you next year.

Carol C
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“GREAT FOR THE PRICE PAID”
Reviewed 15 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015

We stayed a week in Portwrinkle apartment at the end of June/beginning of July. Cant fault the location, the views were superb and we loved Looe.
Overall, we were happy with the apartment, the fixtures & fittings were all good quality and the mattress was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in but there were just a few niggles: mainly storage. We didn't do much cooking but obviously had some supplies such as tea, coffee, bread etc but there was no available cupboard space. Everything had to be left on the worktop which made the place untidy. There were also storage issues with the wardrobe which had a wooden box type construction in the bottom which left only half height for hanging clothes, which was no good for my maxi dresses! We suspect the wooden box may have been for storing cases but as we had to literally live out of a suitcase for the week because of the wardrobe restriction, we couldn't put them in there which again made the place untidy.
These are just minor things and I wouldn't want to give the impression we were unhappy with the apartment, it was certainly worth the price we paid. It was good value and very clean, with amazing views of the harbour. We were a little envious of guests in adjacent apartments who had a balcony where they could sit and take in the view, whereas we could only sit by an open window.

Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The amazing view of the harbour
Liked least: The very steep steps to the car park
Ellen M
Timaru, New Zealand
“Great apartment in a great Cornish village”
Reviewed 25 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015

We stayed for 1 week using this apartment as a base to explore Cornwall. A very well appointed apartment with everything we required, was clean and warm. We loved the views of village, river, coast and sea - there was always something of interest to watch. We enjoyed the village of Looe, not too "touristy".

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The views
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing