“Nice food, bit cramped”
Review of The Yard

The Yard
Ranked #22 of 608 Restaurants in Chester
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 21
Description: The Yard is a family owned and run Modern Italian Restaurant in the centre of Chester. Brand new for 2015, The Yard combines both style and substance, with food prepared by our head chef, who has previously worked for Gordon Ramsey. We're looking forward to welcoming you.
Reviewed 28 June 2016

The food was good, there were children in the restaurant and the staff were really nice so I would say it was very kiddie friendly, the bar downstairs is good, nice cocktails and interesting vibe (quite a mixture of ages and 'types' so good for people watching - and come on, we all enjoy a bit of that ). My downside was though that the tables were very cramped together, they have certainly have looked to get the most covers in, but I didn't like that, but it's perhaps just me.

Date of visit: March 2016

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

We've been here and enjoyed it several times. Attentive service, good food and really personable family team. Also now have a nice bar downstairs that's worth a visit if you are at this end of time: we live within walking distance so it's perfect for us. Hope to go again soon.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 27 June 2016

Really enjoyed our meal at the Yard - in Chester for a few nights and had seen other reviews so decided to book. The service was excellent, the food was high quality with a decent wine selection. Definitely one to try - a lovely relaxed atmosphere, but still feels like a bit of an event at the same time.

Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

Our first visit and we weren't disappointed. Quality of food was excellent and will definitely be back! 3 course set menu us great value.

Reviewed 25 June 2016

We got there early on a race day so it was very quiet, however it still had an amazing atmosphere!
very quirkily, but fashionably decorated.
the drinks at the bar were limited but delicious but they were able to make what you request because of their cocktail bar on the canal side.

the staff were very attentive and knowledgeable about their origin and the food.

the food its self was exquisite I had the scallops followed by the lobster risotto. my companions had starters: blackpudding with crispy egg ( he said it was a very substantial blackpudding w/ bits of pork) and another had the soft shell crab also very nice.

for mains they had toung and cheek which was delicious I am assured, the mutton and the duck ( which they took care to cook to her preference)all of which was delicious

Now as for the desserts!

two words Choc Pot. if you have ever had those rolo desserts in the plastic pots from the super market imagine one of those but at least a million times better, served with fresh icecream and home made honey comb it was absolutely beautiful, creamy and sweet and just...wow.

It was so good I wasn't actually paying attention to what my companions had I was in a culinary world of my own.

Would 100% go back.