All reviews the pub open mic night ncp car park city centre complimentary toiletries top floor tea coffee facilities my partner visited chester bed was comfortable full english breakfast breakfast was included few minutes walk away small hotel a great stay staff were lovely location was perfect
Reviewed 31 August 2017

We received a warm welcome upon arrival. Our room (number 4) was spacious and the bed large. This is an old building, but has been freshly decorated, nevertheless, its age is apparent. We were pleased to see that secondary glazing had been installed which helped to keep out the road noise which is to be expected in a city centre Inn. It was a very good location for exploring the city. Thank you Rebecca for your recommendation for a place to eat in the evening. Our only slight problem was the loud music from the bar below, however, we were so tired and the bed so comfortable that even that did not keep us awake! Breakfast was excellent and the price of the stay was very reasonable indeed.

Room Tip: Room 4 is the largest and faces the street. It is above the Bar.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fussycherry
thesaddleinnchester, Manager at The Saddle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Dear Guest, thank you for your review.
The Saddle is a Grade 2 listed building and we think that is part of the charm. The secondary glazing is the best we can do in this old building so thank you letting us know it helped to reduce the noise. I will pass your comments onto my wife Rebecca, we have our favourite restaurants to dine in the city so I'm glad to hear you enjoyed her recommendation.
Please do not hesitate to contact us again for your next stay in our beautiful city,
Best wishes Leigh

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Im just back from a fab 4 night stay at the saddle , with my friends, we got there late Thursday, when we got there (toni) check us in very helful helped me with my case up the stairs. We stayed in room 2 it was lush clean tidy couldnt fault it really, they cleaned it everyday so that was good, us girls are messy shower was powerful so that was good very large which was good too, as 3 of us getting ready we wasnt falling over each other.
We met the landlord n lady the next day ( lee & Rebecca) lovely people made us feel at home, lee told us which was the best bars n clubs to hit so that was good not knowing the area like , breakfast was nice did black pudding so i was happy lol .. so just want to say thank you too lee & Rebecca & all the staff for making it a good stay , see you soon guys xx

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank marymoomooxx

Dear Mary, thank you for taking time to write such a great review.
You and your friends became part of our Saddle family after staying with us for so long and I will pass on your comments to all the staff.
We enjoyed hosting you all as much as you enjoyed staying with us and we hope to see you all again soon. Best wishes Leigh.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Everything was fine here; the only reason I rated it a 4 rather than a five was the decor/furnishings. The latter are shabby and cheap for the most part. On the other hand, all of the staff we met were very friendly and helpful; the only name I remember is Katie, who served us breakfast one morning.

Room Tip: Top floor is more removed from the noise of the pub downstairs.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dennisaf
thesaddleinnchester, Manager at The Saddle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear Guest, thank you for your review.
My wife and I have been managing The Saddle since March 2017 with a view to buy the business at which point we hope to refurbish the rooms and bring the bathrooms up to date. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff and hopefully the furnishings will match their customer service satisfaction on your next stay.
Kind regards Leigh

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Not only were the staff all lovely, the breakfast was delicious and the room was immaculate, would highly recommended to anyone. Plan on returning for saturday night drinks and the Black Sabbath tribute band in November Only problem was the shower didn't work but I imagine that has been fixed by now.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
thesaddleinnchester, General Manager at The Saddle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to write a review and notifying us of the problem with your shower, it has been fixed. I will pass your positive comments onto the bar staff and chef. We look forward to seeing you again in November if not before.
Best wishes Leigh.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Arrived late on Friday 28th. (7pm ish). Got there with a plan to have a quick one, dump the bags and go out. Ended up staying there all night. Staff are so friendly it was just a chilled out ace night. The room was lovely and the bed very comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was just fab, lovely and fresh and hot. Got the NCP pass from behind the bar as we parked there overnight so that was good.
I have nothing bad to say about this place. Thanks to everyone for being so lovely.
Would recommend.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Morris73
thesaddleinnchester, General Manager at The Saddle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Dear Guests, Thank you for your lovely review. Its great to read reviews like yours regarding all aspects of The Saddle Inn. I will pass your comments onto the staff and hope to see you both again soon. Best regards Leigh