I enjoyed a really lovely weekend in a very wet Chester recently when I stayed with my partner at this hotel. There were two outstanding things about this establishment. Firstly the location is excellent for exploring the city on foot. You really are a stone throw from "the Rows" and the Cathedral. Secondly the breakfast is terrific - all the standard fare ranging from full English to continental but the thing that really impressed me was the perfectly poached eggs served promptly to your table. I also found the staff were very helpful and courteous.
The hotel parking was a bit tricky....perhaps it was just the weekend of the Jubliee or perhaps Chester is difficult at the best of times but getting your car into the hotel's limited lot seems a bit of a lottery. The only other annoyance was lack of convenient power points in the room. Not only did I have to push a double seat sofa out of the way to plug in my phone charger but the room's kettle didn't have a dedicated socket either. On top of that the kettle's lead was so short it had to be left on the the floor while in use. - Small details....but all fixable Crowne Plaza
Overall however a pretty good experience
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Crowne Plaza Chester, perfectly located on the edge of the city with panoramic views of the city and Welsh hills. The hotel is perfectly located for visiting all the historic sites of Chester, including the Roman walls, amphitheatre and Chester Cathedral. Renowned not only for its Roman heritage but also for its beautiful architecture, the shopping rows' many restaurants and inns are all just minutes from the hotel. With 160 bedrooms featuring stylish decor and amenities, with an option of upgrading to our club rooms, some with stunning views overlooking the famous Chester Racecourse and the Welsh hills. All bedrooms are fully air conditioned with elegant fabrics and furnishings creating a calm yet fresh environment. Crowne Plaza Chester is the number one choice in Chester whether you are here for business or pleasure. The hotel has a varied selection of conference and meeting rooms (11 in total) many with natural daylight, which can accommodate from 600 to as few as 4 guests. The Kings Suite interlinks to the Chester and Malpas Suite to give an ideal venue for exhibitions or large social events. Our dedicated conference team will ensure events run smoothly from the start. Our Club Moativation Health & Fitness Club including indoor heated pool, 24hr room service, onsite car parking and all areas of the hotel fully equipped with wireless internet makes us the perfect place to stay when visiting Chester. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and IHG so you can book your Crowne Plaza Chester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Chester Hotel Chester
- Chester Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Chester Cheshire