“Outstanding”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Grooms Cottage

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Cottages in Milton Brook Estate
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

3ems
scotland
“Outstanding ”
Reviewed 15 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Having read a recent negative review after booking, I was a bit concerned what we'd find when myself, husband and our friends used Grooms and Dairy cottage for a catch up weekend, however, I should never have worried.

We didn't expect 5 star as we weren't paying 5 star rates, however, the setting is idyllic, the cottages quaint, spotlessly clean and well equipped. The pool and games room added extras for a similar price that I've paid in the past for so much less amenities.
The village is 10 minutes walk away along a country path and the local pub, The White Horse is very welcoming
We loved it so much that we've all agreed to return, same time, same place next year. I've also contacted the owners to book for a family weekend with all the kids as I know they'll love it.

Marklewis...
“Mr”
Reviewed 28 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

I'm lucky enough to go away six / seven times a year with my children and haven't written a poor review for a long time but this property unfortunately deserves one.
My wife and children arrived a day before me, when they got there the owner was rushing around and said ' I was supposed to have retired a few years ago, don't want to buy this place do you?
The owner gave my wife the key to Grooms cottage and then said' I'll show you around, hang on I won't, it will take too long , I'll just show you the swimming pool!
Not that filled with confidence from her greeting my wife found her own way around the cottage. When I arrived I had a good look around. Now,I own a restaurant so I'm OCD about cleaning, but even in somebody else's property you expect a certain standard. You don't need four holes in the wall with broken plaster by the child's lower bunk bed, hair from previous guests on top of white skirting boards,mosquitoes which have been squashed on the walls in two bedrooms and left there,cleaning items left in a heap at the bottom of the stairs,cobwebs galore, a sock left under a radiator ( I was searching for my sons lego but it was still visible without bending down) . Then to top it all on the Wednesday my 12 year old daughter was going to sleep on the top bunk bed to keep my 3 year old company in the night and she's finds wet bed sheets( urine) SIMPLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH! The owner was rung and told , she simply said sorry and couldn't understand how they got there.
Swimming pool was freezing but the owner did at least get it heated somewhat.
The whole property is in need of some tlc, things like missing and loose roof tiles, very faded signage all over the place. I can't comment on the other properties there but Grooms cottage, apart from the problems above which could easily be fixed, Is looking tired. Sofas are years old, as are the carpets. Pine furniture was in fashion 30 years ago but it's worn and doesn't help with the overall look.
An ideal spot for visiting Chester and surrounding
areas.Unfortunately, if this is the sort of accommodation that Holiday Lettings offer, I won't be booking with them again either.

Juney57
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Grandchildren.. Pool”
Reviewed 2 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

Had a nice stay for two nights myself husband and three granddaughters... And granddaughter number four arrived after my son phoning to say eilah would like to go on holiday with nan and gagy the children loved the pool .loved the cottage to very well kept clean and cosy .we enjoyed our stay would of like a bit longer

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
dave g
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Perfect for large family”
Reviewed 17 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

Stayed with my young family and my mother and father in law and we all had a great stay. A short drive to Chester centre and a easy drive into Liverpool city centre. Lots to see and do with a lovely pub at the end of the road. (The Stamford bridge). Pool was a bonus and same for the pool table.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Helen S
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 30 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

The cleaning and maintenance staff were very friendly and helpful which was nice, the cottage itself in the living room and kitchen area was alright, some of the bedroom carpets had a few stains and decor in places was a little tired, however due to the kindness of the staff we were happy to overlook this. We could only get wifi on the landing or in one bedroom nearest the landing, so I had to sit on the landing to reply to emails. The pool room (again in need of a little maintenance) did keep our children happy but we had to try not to look at the ripped sofa covers in there which really needed to be dumped.) Basically if your not to fussy decor wise this was a great holiday rental, having a pool onsite that you can use anytime was a huge plus. however, i wasn't in love with the place enough to return or recommend to friends unless it is refurbished.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Staff
Liked least: Decor in pool and games room.
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing