“Amazing House with fantastic views & beautiful...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Holly House

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Charlie14...
Derby, United Kingdom
“Amazing House with fantastic views & beautiful location”
Reviewed 14 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

I booked the house over a year ago for my Daughters surprise Hen Party the house is as amazing as the pictures and really they don't do it justice because when we arrived the house and location are stunning, the amenities are perfect for a party weekend with so much space for our party, we had Tudor House deliver us an amazing buffet for the Friday evening, spent a lovely day in Chester and then we had a Chef @ Shivaree come and cook us an amazing evening meal topped off with Glen the Butler, the girls really enjoyed our weekend and I can't wait to visit this lovely location again. Paula & David could not be more helpful whenever we contacted them for help and information they responded quickly and it was lovely meeting Paula after several chats on the phone. Would highly recommend for a party or special family get together

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything but especially the stunning location
Liked least: Agar cooker but we didn't use
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Gemma T
“Amazing views and beautiful home!”
Reviewed 4 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

This house was beautiful, I would definitely recommend! Amazing views and sheep at the end of the garden too!

I arranged a hen weekend for my sister, we had a chef cook a meal and then went to village hotel for a spa day. Would recommend also!

The only thing we had difficulty with was the wifi as it was changing over during my stay (I assume this would not be a problem for anyone else in the future).

The only other thing that I noticed was a couple door handles were either loose or came off altogether which is a shame just because of the beauty of the house, obviously this did not impact the quality of my stay.

Travelling group: Friends
5 May 2016
Hi Gemma, thank you for your lovely comments. We're always disappointed not to get 5 star reviews and I can't say how frustrated I was with the broadband change of supplier. I was categorically assured that it would switch automatically from Plusnet to BT. On the morning of your arrival I checked and Plusnet had ceased the service and BT hadn't initiated. I checked 4 times prior to your arrival with no change and telephoned BT each time, receiving assurances the switch was imminent.
If I ever change supplier again I will ensure it is not on a Friday! Everything is fine now plus we've got BT Sports but I'm really sorry for the inconvenience.
We've checked handles on all doors and cupboards and found only one loose in a bedroom which I've now tightened. If you could let us know where else you noticed a problem that would be great.
Thank you again and hope to see you in the future.

Paula and David
Matt D
Londom
“Excellent group accommodation with stunning views”
Reviewed 12 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Great experience all round. Excellent directions provided. House is beautiful, large and easily accommodates 6 couples with enough rooms to have your own space. They allowed us to bring a dog, the house was clean on arrival with owners there to greet us. The house is in a remote setting with stunning views but only a 15 minute walk to a great local, friendly pub that does food. Plenty of parking for at least 4 cars at the house. I would gladly, in fact, I want to stay there again. If there was only one downside is that the Wifi is hit and miss and can only be accessed from certain rooms (some extenders would help massively as I had to do quite a bit of work when there). Great place and thanks again Paula and David.

Liked least: Poor wifi
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
14 Apr 2016
Matt, thank you for your kind feedback. It is great advice on the wi fi extenders I don't know why I never thought of it before. I'll buy them this weekend! Kind Regards David and Paula
Joyce2809
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Fab 50th weekend ”
Reviewed 8 April 2016 for a stay in October 2015

Went with 11 friends/family for my 50th birthday weekend last October.
OMG.............. The house is amazing, looks even better than the photos on the net. It's huge, bright and wonderfully furnished, definately does not disappoint!!! We were really lucky with the weather while there. We did afternoon tea in the front garden on the afternoon we arrived. It was so tranquil with amazing views of the sea. When all our party arrived we decided to book in the local pub which is just under a mile away. It might be wise to get a taxi as although with torches and flat heels at the ready it was really dark and a couple of our party fell on the uneven roads. We did eventually make it to the pub (Red Lion) for a good priced evening meal and drinks. When we returned to the house, we partied till one by one we fell into the very comfy beds. Kitchen fabulous size for any gathering and loads of seats. Next day we split up some stayed and enjoyed the house, great comfortable lounge area and although we didn't use house has a huge? bright conservatory room as well. Some of our party drove to Cheshire Oaks, not too far away. In the evening, again all ended up in the kitchen for a great sit down meal. Comfortably sits 12. The kitchen island great for serving food. We were all sad to leave on the Sunday morning, was a truly great weekend in a truly great house.
The owners are really nice and very helpful. The cental heating broke down on day 2 of our stay and the owners bought and brought around enough new heaters to keep the rooms warm.

10 Apr 2016
Thank you for the review Joyce.

It was really unfortunate about the heating breaking down as it is a system that was renewed only two years ago and trying to get an engineer on a Saturday night is challenging and intrusive for the guests. However, you were all very understanding and the water was still hot and with lots of heaters the house was still cosy.

The Red Lion is half a mile from the house and we've reflected that guests using phones to light the way in the dark during winter isn't safe. We now have at the house 12 torches and luminous safety vests to make sure everyone has an incident free walk to the pub and back.

Thank you again Joyce and we would love to see you again at Holly House,

David and Paula
lindsay m
“Mrs”
Reviewed 13 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

This was my 2nd stay at Holly House and once again I was not disappointed. David and Paula are excellent, helpful and prompt to respond to queries. The house is stunning, clean and the views are a real treat.
This time I brought my family for a weekend and they were all filled with praise for the house and it's views.
Now what shall I plan next so I can come back?!

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing