The HI Express is located directly on the site of the Chester racecourse separated from the course by a car park, which can be used by hotel guests. It is a short walk into the town centre and a narrow path alongside the railway viaduct leads down to the river beyond the course. The hotel rooms are basic with no wardrobe and no safe for valuables, and not a frequent change of bed linen (none in 4 nights). The bathroom was also basic and the drain exuded an obnoxious smell. The hairdryer was inadequate and smelt of burnt plastic when used.The room we had was rather noisy: traffic could be heard from the main road passing by below the window; at the weekend the shopping tourists were noisy in the corridors late at night; and the walls are not well insulated and much noise from neighbouring rooms can be heard. The breakfast room offers a simple breakfast with low quality products: the sliced bread is factory made, of a poor texture and taste; the hot food provided includes scrambled eggs, sausages and beans but no bacon. The breakfast room is busy and all tables occupied at the weekend and one has to wait. The level of organisation is poor. The reception, bar and breakfast room form one contiguous space, which lacks ambiance, partly due to two LCD TVs which are continuously on and which we found irritating. This is not the place to have quiet, cosy drink at the end of the day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combine good value with a great location at Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse, the only hotel within the racecourse's grounds.Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse is a completely non smoking hotel and just 5 minutes from Chester's historic city centre, putting quaint cobbled streets and an array of shops and restaurants within walking distance. Wake up to our complimentary breakfast and enjoy discounts on dinner at the racecourse's smart Restaurant 1539. You'll also benefit from complimentary onsite parking and complimentary wireless Internet in the hotel's public areas.We're a 5-minute drive from major companies in Chester Business Park, and 15 minutes from Deeside Industrial Park. You can hold training days for up to 25 people in Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse's 2 meeting rooms. Feel free to plan your presentation in our 24-hour self-service Business Centre.We're the closest hotel to Chester Racecourse, making us an ideal choice for your day at the races. Soak up Chester's rich history with a stroll down picturesque Watergate Street where grand Georgian buildings nestle alongside fine antique shops. Explore the city's Roman walls to enjoy views over the Cheshire countryside.Ask our friendly staff about Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse's packages for discounted entry to local attractions. You can meet and mingle with friends at our bar at the end of a day's sightseeing.Please contact the hotel directly for group bookings and race day packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, IHG, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Chester-Racecourse Hotel Chester
- Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse Cheshire