1,376 results
All reviews park and ride business park swimming pool executive room changing rooms health club bar area sofa bed family room reception staff bar prices would stay again city centre evening meal leisure facilities minute drive buffet style
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Holiday Inn - Chester South has had a bit of a facelift making it feel much more modern yet, the welcome was as good as its always been. Room, room service, cleanliness you can't fault with the price always being reasonable.Although I didn't mention it until checking out, there was an elephant in the room above me! OMG you would think there was a giant in the room I could hear every footstep. The hotel were suitably concerned and said they would have moved me. However, it wasn't their fault and I wasn't unduly worried! Good customer service though!

Room Tip: Thanks for my great overnight stay!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here whilst my daughter did some extra filmng work. Location was great and easily accesable. Rooms were spacious and and comfortable. Hotel facilities were good, visited the pool, gym, spa and sauna. joined in with the fitness classes which were good fun. Cafe bar was nice and welcoming. Starbucks coffee was a plus. Bar at night was relaxing. Decor was modern and well kept. Staff were friendly and always willing to help. The maids were friendly and helpful if needed anything. Thank you :)

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here early July for a 6 night break,Room 142 lovely hotel, staff warm and welcoming and very helpful, the newly refurbish rooms are very comfortable, the only disappointment with the room was that there was no mini fridge, in hot weather it was difficult to keep the water cool. Plenty of tea and coffee on the refreshments tray, if you wanted any more you only had the ask.

Breakfasts were really good well set out, good selection of fruits, and cereals, traditional English Breakfast or continental available, poached or scrambled egg available to order. Special thanks to Nicola who was extremely helpful.

The Evening meal menu was rather limited, but they were still able to accommodate my allergies which was most helpful, but the only dessert available without nuts was ice cream lol.

The additional benefit was being able to use the spa, to be able to enjoy a swim after a day of sightseeing makes a perfect end to the day.

This hotel it ideally situated for plenty of sightseeing.

If we were to visit Chester again I would certainly return to the Holiday Inn Chester South,and special thanks must go the Phil and Nicola for their help in making our holiday even more enjoyable.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jean H
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

stayed for 2 nights recently.
no complaints about the service or room. staff was very welcoming and friendly.
rooms clean and comfortable
we didn't eat tho as food didn't look very appealing and wasn't cheap.
only few miles out of chester
would book again

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
GRHaydock, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chester South, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Thank you for posting your feedback - it's good to read you had a great stay with us and would book with us again. I've shared your comments with the team and we look forward to your return.
Regards
Ruth
Hotel Guest Relations

Reviewed 14 September 2018

Bathroom fan on all night. So didn’t sleep well. Drain to shower partially blocked so flooded the bathroom.Had to have the shower on a dribble. Staff not that interested when I told them at check out. Not even an apology

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for posting your feedback following your recent one night business stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced in your bathroom and for our poor reaction at check out. I've shared your comments with both our Maintenance Manager and Reception Manager for their information and action and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to show you your stay was an exception in the near future.
Regards