Stayed 13-15 April on weekend deal.
Have stayed at several Holiday Inns before but this was not a good visit. Unfortunately booked through an agent and they hadn't passed on that I wanted 2 twin rooms.Ended up with doubles and the hotel couldn't do anything as it was full. Not their fault. BUT, why, oh why when requesting quiet rooms were we put in the middle of a large hen party? We had to leave the bar area because of the noise they were making at 10pm but when they came back from town,we were all awake from 2-3 am with them slamming doors, laughing and shouting in the corridors and then in their rooms. Even outside (smoking?) at some points. The construction of the hotel is poor. We could hear every noise from upstairs room and the hens from next door sounded as if they were in the room with us!
Talking to an older couple at breakfast, they were in the middle of a large party of Australian teenagers, shouting to each other up and down the corridors. Again, why not block book them away from other guests?
Also, someone had had a pet in our room and vacuuming had not picked up the hair. I felt sneezy so someone with a pet allergy could be quite ill. Not very nice.
Plus side: the staff were very friendly and helpful. Convenience to Chester is very good. Take the bus from the Park & Ride - only £1.70 return. Taxi was only £5.50 from centre.
Would I stay again - NO! Would I stay at another Holiday Inn - maybe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Chester South has 145 newly refurbished bedrooms, decorated to a high standard with new bathrooms. Standard twin and double rooms have walk in showers provided and family rooms and executive rooms have bathrooms with a bath and shower over. The modern Open Lobby Concept is a bright and vibrant place to catch with with colleagues, friends and families. Serving Starbucks Coffee with a grab and go sandwich selection, serving food all day. The hotel is all non smoking and is ideally situated on the edge of the Roman City of Chester, located just off the A55 adjacent to Chester Business Park. All public areas and bedrooms have full air-conditioning and Wi-Fi access has been installed. In an excellent location for both business and leisure visitors alike. Benefiting from immediate proximity to Chester and its attractions including Chester Races, Grosvenor Museum, Cathedral, Chester Zoo and Islands, Cheshire Oaks Outlet Village and Blue Planet Aquarium. The Holiday Inn Chester South provides an ideal visitor base, with a choice of accommodation including standard, executive and accessible bedrooms. We have excellent range of facilities for both business and leisure travellers including kids stay & eat free*. The hotel has a fully air conditioned gym, 15m heated swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi, with trained staff to assist in your visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Chester South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Chester South Hotel Chester
- Chester Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Chester South Cheshire