US$ 93
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$ 117
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 132/night.

Ba Ba Guest House(Chester)(Great Value!)
US$ 122
Priceline
US$ 218
US$ 202
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

This review is written before our stay. Unfortunately it was decided this hotel was not suitable for our group staying in June 2018! I rang within 24hrs to ask for a goodwill gesture and cancel/refund the money paid with a perfectly valid explanation. The manager i spoke to was very polite and appeared to understand our predicament and stated she would be happy to cancel/refund but it had to be the owner Michelle Matthews to make the decision. Michelle has been asked by myself and booking.com to make an exception to her own policy however she refuses even though the booking is 9 months away! She would rather have unhappy guests than happy ones! Michelle was cold, rude, difficult and for a hotel owner, ignorant! We are left having to honour a booking in a hotel not suitable for us just so the owner can maintain her regime! Im sure our group will review in mire detail after our stay! From the attitude of the owner i would advise people to look elsewhere, a small independant hotel should be warm and inviting not hostile

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Martin D
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Having read the mixed reviews I was a little nervous about staying here but really glad I did. As soon as I arrived things looked promising – the receptionist couldn't have been more friendly and efficient & check-in took all of 30 seconds.

Although the room (a single) was small, it had everything I needed, including huge fluffy white towels, spotless white sheets, telly and a generous provision of tea & coffee that was topped up daily. (Lots of places that cost considerably more are far stingier.)

I agree with a previous review that the plug-in air-freshener was a little overpowering, but I simply switched it off and opened the window for a few minutes.

The location was also perfect. It's just a few minutes from the station and a short walk into town along the canal, so couldn't be safer if you're travelling alone.

If you're bothered by noise, then I'd suggest asking for a room at the back away from the street, and maybe on the top floor as I could hear the person above when they came in. But seeing as he was always in by 10pm, this wasn't a problem. The floodlight from the carpark of the hotel opposite also shone pretty much directly into my room, but an eye-mask dealt with this. (I'm pretty neurotic about noise & light, but with earplugs & an eyemask I slept like a log!)

In fact, for the price, the Belgrave couldn't be bettered. And it's really refreshing to find somewhere so welcoming to solo travellers - particularly those on a budget.

Room Tip: If you struggle with noise/streetlights, ask for a room on the top floor and/or at the back. Or take an eyemask / earplugs!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Really poor decoration and facilities although it was cheap rate £35 per night excluding breakfast ( continental breakfast available on request at additional cost ) this hotel needs huge updating and I found myself in attic room 4 or more flights of stairs no lift and bed was no better than camp bed
No curtains on windows and lots of condensation
Very poor

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Debbie K
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Is there anything about this hotel to like? The room smells of dead mice. The twin bathroom doesn't even have room to swing a cat. One pillow on the bed. Room is so outdated.

Dirty, sleep with your clothes on and avoid at all costs

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Carina S
Reviewed 12 September 2017

Have stayed before over the past few years. On last visit there was a mix up over rooms for booking but we all make mistakes.

Hotel does need a makeover. However it is friendly. A lady who works there has been there for 10 years and it is like seeing an old friend.

You do pay for what you get and the hotel is clean but does need a make over. a TV and coffee/tea making facilisities are in room.

If you want a better hotel then pay extra. You pay for what you get and I consider it very good value .

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family