Belgrave Hotel
Ba Ba Guest House(Chester)(Great Value!)
US$ 126
US$ 55
US$ 131
US$ 125
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 144/night.

US$ 99
US$ 119
US$ 116
Chester House Guest House(Chester)(Great Value!)
US$ 113
US$ 113
Edgar House(Chester)
US$ 281
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 March 2017

After worrying about our stay at the belgrave after reading fairly bad reviews, we were pleasantly surprised by our stay. We wanted somewhere cheap to stay for a night out in Chester and for the price and location it wasn't bad at all. The receptionist was extremely polite and helpful, we had three rooms, one triple and two twin rooms, they were clean and comfortable, the shower wasn't amazing but couldn't complain with the room!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed here on a very busy weekend and the place was fully booked we had a last min rate at 60 pound for a doyble room
The reception was very nice on check in and the room was ok it was clean had privat bathroom and the bed was comfortable.
That really all i want from a 1 night stay for a night out.
It is in easy walking distance to all pubs and clubs and it was surprisingly quit for considering that the place was fully booked.
If you want something special you will have to go and pay extra money somewhere else but if you just want a base for the night and a clean bed then the belgrave is just ok for that

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2017

I begin by saying I liked this place, a lot.
It is an old building, and that shows and the creaks are loud and widespread. It has a cared for look as it is spotlessly clean. The towels and bed linen gleam pristine white. The breakfast was in good supply and tasty. (Extra to room cost).
My 'If only' applies as...if only a large cash injection could be made to replace and refurbish the old, I didn't think spring mattresses still existed.
If only.... the room had two cabinets, with two lamps. If only.... the shower had thermostatic control, the light had a bulb, the beds has skirts.
It is large, lots to do but oh If only............

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed 26 February 2017

We found ourselves stranded in Chester on the afternoon of Storm Doris, halfway along our rail journey home all trains were cancelled until the following day. We were advised that there was a Premier Inn just down the road from the station, however they were fully booked, & directed us to the Belgrave. From the outside it looks a bit run down, so wasn't the sort of place we would choose, however we were in need of somewhere not too far from the station to stay overnight, especially as there were many others in the same situation as us.
The receptionist said there was a twin room available for £60 not including breakfast so we took it. (the previous night in a Travelodge in Llandudno had cost £30, no comparison). The room was at the front of the hotel, a decent size room, but there was an overpowering smell from a plug in airfreshner. There was a sink in the bedroom, & a separate shower & loo, the floorboards in front of the shower were rotten, & there was graffitti scratched into the bathroom doorframe, which had been painted over. No toiletries were provided other than a tiny bar of lux soap. The shower itself was feeble, & in the morning there was no hot water so we had to have a cold wash at the sink. The TV in the room was small, there was only one bedside light. There was only one thin pillow per bed, but they did get us more when we asked. The bed linen looked clean & fresh, but I'm suspicious of sheets under duvets, have the duvet covers been changed ? I didn't dare look under the sheets! The beds were quite comfortable, however I didn't sleep well due to traffic noise outside most of the night, & at 3am two police cars outside slamming their doors. Also there were street lights on all night. At 5am the occupants in the room above were up & about, the hotel seems to cater for workmen, & at 6am they were all off in their vans.
The carpet was filthy, my husband was walking around in a pair of blue socks, afterwards they were brown on the bottom of the foot.
We didn't stay for breakfast I wouldn't want to eat there, we had breakfast at the station.
I wouldn't recommend this hovel, I mean hotel to my worst enemy. £60 for a dirty smelly room, & a cold wash.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EdinaCloud
Reviewed 14 February 2017

I have stayed at the Belgrave numerous times as I work at Chester Food and Drink Festival every year.

A few of this call this The Grave with affection because it's cheap and cheerful and suits our needs.

Could have a better shower, but its very cheap so can't really.

The dated decor wouldn't serve best purpose if you were looking for a romantic break. But it suits a single mans needs.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business