I'd read a few poor reviews since booking this weekend last November, but I can honestly say that we had an excellent weekend at Hilton Doubletree Chester!
The room was superb with 32" flat screen TV that revolved around so you could see it when sitting on the marvellous leather lounge chair and sofas, as well as lying on the bed.
The bed was huge and very comfy with massive pillows that you could get lost in.
There was even a workstation area where you could do some work.
Bathroom was spotless and had a massive walk in shower.
The staff must also take a bow as they went out of their way to ensure we had a wonderful stay and nothing was too much of a problem for them.
We eat in The Brassiere on the Friday night and were well looked after by the attentive staff and I must say that the sirloin steak I ordered was the best I've had in some time and was cooked to perfection. My partner went for the haddock and was similarly impressed.
Breakfast was buffet style and good with plenty of variety and the food was replenished regularly. (A few people on Trip Advisor have complained that there was no egg station available, but the chef is only a few feet away and was more than happy to accommodate my request for a poached egg instead of scrambled or fried, and as for the fact the fact that you have to serve yourself the tea and coffee...you don't have to wait for someone to come to your table if you want a top up!)
We spent Saturday at Chester races and after a day of ripping up losing betting slips was more than glad to get back to the room and have a lovely shower and down for drinks and dinner.
Brand new carpets have just been laid through the corridor and near the reception area, (so don't worry about the tape across the floor that another reviewer mentioned.) which gave the place a lovely lush feeling which it deserves.
Checking in and out was simple and fast and the ladies on reception were very thorough in giving advice and information about the hotel and it's surroundings.
I never had the chance to meet Brian, the general Manager to thank him personally, but hope this review says it all.
Thanks for an absolutely wonderful weekend! We'll certainly be back......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the outskirts of historic Chester surrounded by twelve acres of landscaped gardens, this elegant hotel provides luxurious accommodation only a few minutes from the city centre. This carefully restored 18th-century manor house beautifully combines the past and the present, offering modern comforts and conveniences with traditional styling and decor. The hotel's outstanding facilities include, Grade II listed conservatory, a stunning Club and Spa and a Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Prestigia, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Chester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Chester Hotel Chester
- Hilton International Chester
- Chester Hilton International
- Doubletree By Hilton Chester Cheshire