Doubletree by Hilton Chester
Edgar House(Chester)
US$ 294
Hotwire.com
3,346 results
All reviewsthe marco pierre white restaurantmpw restaurantdouble treewarm cookieshoole halloutdoor jacuzzion arrivalspa facilitiespresidential suitelovely hotelgarden roomgreat spamy partnerbuilding worksteam roomrelaxation roomspa break
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We booked direct with the hotel the sunset spa package, which was a choice of 2 treatments equating to 50 minutes of treatment, use of the facilities and a glass of fizz on arrival costing £69.

We felt the whole experience was a rip off, we all felt rushed and almost like we were on a conveyor belt. We had to chase someone for our arrival drinks. My back massage was the worst I have ever had, the person doing it, had no routine, was way to fast and no passion for what she does. The second therapist dong my facial was really lovely. However I have never been somewhere where you are given two different people for two different treatments, I would rather lay on a bed for an hours treatment rather than getting dressed again and waiting for another
Therapist. There excuse for this was not all therapists know all the treatments, which tells me they recruit very junior people which was obvious with the quality of the treatment.

My friend was out 15 minutes before me, I was out 5 mins before my time should of ended. Two of us got a sorbet and I didn't. £69 for 45 mins of treatment was a rip off.

We had then booked for afternoon tea in the brasserie, only to find a wedding party in there, very uncomfortable so we ended up going to the wonderful 'the red house' on the river.

We spoke with a manager about how disappointed we were about the experience, they did discount the treatment to £60. Which was great but unfortunately we will not be returning or recommending to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lizzie C
Lauren-Douglas, Senior Receptionist at Doubletree by Hilton Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2012

Really disappointed to hear of your poor stay, please accept my sincerest apologies.
Your comments from here will be communicated to management of the Club & Spa.
I fully understand your reluctance to return to the Hotel, however I do hope you feel abe to return so we are able to offer a better service to you.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Stopped at Doubletree Chester as part of a wedding celebration at Chester Zoo!
Fine hotel located on the outskirts of town set in nice grounds and very peaceful.
Good standard of room with huge bed. Leisure facilities were good with a very warm spa area leading to an equally warm outdoor spa area - very relaxing!!!!!!!
Morning of departure started with a traditional breakfast in the nice dining area over looking a private garden. Staff all very helpful.
A great place to stay and enjoy the city of Chester.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

An all round positive experience, what more can we say!
Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

What a wonderfull few days we spent at Doubletree Chester,celebrating our daudhters wedding.

My wife and I took up residence on thursday 6th September and stayed untill Sunday 9th for whatwasto be a thoroughly enjoyable time.

Being there early for the wedding enabled us to share in final preparations including meeting our MC for the wedding day celebrations.Whilst we hoped and expected to be well looked after we surely hit the jackpot with Eric Wong,a man of great charm who gave us total confidence that all would go well on the day, as indeed it did.

We could not fail to mention the quality of the food for the wedding breakfast which was exceptional.Lots of guests commented favourably saying it was the best wedding feast they had tasted,so well done to the whole team for producing such a banquet for 100 guests and coping with the inevitable timing challenges.

Thanks to you all for helping to make this special day so memorable.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

We are extremely pleased to have been a part of your special day celebrating your daughter’s wedding.
Eric is good at what he does! We will of course let the team know how pleased you were.
We wish the newly married couple the best of luck.

Reviewed 15 September 2012

I stayed here for my birthday, We had a lovely time, not much of it was spent in the hotel as we went out for the evening and had to leave very early in the morning, but from what i experienced her i was pleased. Staff were keen to help and very polite, We received a welcome cookie on our arrival which i think was a nice touch! Hotel was very well kept, rooms were also very clean, big black scratch along the wall in our room didn't look very attractive but didn't ruin the stay maybe a little more attention to detail needed there.The beds were very comfy also had a great night sleep! Ddint eat the food or order any room service so couldn't comment on this. Overall a short but pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

We too agree that our rooms are incredibly comfortable, an undisturbed night’s sleep is what we aim to offer!
Perhaps take the opportunity to dine with us upon your return visit.

Reviewed 13 September 2012

I've been to the Doubletree a couple of times on Spa-day treats. The last time, really will be just that. The last. I went with my sister who lives overseas. We had to share a locker - apparently this is standard practice, although we were the only ones in the changing rooms having to do so. We each had a half hour treatment. My sisters lasted less than 15 minutes, mine a poxy 20. The sorbet was served warm and with a fork (run out of spoons apparently). The facilities; pool, sauna, steam etc are nice and actually were the best bit - however, the price paid for what essentially amounted to use of the pool facilities was a complete rip off. We registered our complaint on the day (19 August) and was assured someone would call me the following day. I'm still waiting, despite numerous emails and calls to chase this up. Not only is it not value for money, the hotel spa clearly has a disregard for customer loyalty and satisfaction. Such a shame as we all know positive feedback doesn't get round half as quickly as negative. Would I reccommend this hotel spa? No. With the plethora of spa day packages now on the market, I think there are much nicer venues which would welcome your custom more.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank cheshirecat386

I am terribly sorry to hear of your disappointment during your spa day. Customer loyalty and satisfaction is of paramount importance to us, so I apologise you felt otherwise.
I also apologise that your matter has not been followed up directly as promised, I have passed you review over to the General Manager of the Club and Spa to investigate further.
Thank you for taking the time to let us know.