we stayed here for one night in a deluxe room that was on offer as the brasseire was being refurbished ,parking is in shopping centre car park at a reduced rate of £8 per night
we was greeted by the doorman who was very smartly dressed in top hat and tails , we checked in , i was told that if my credit card details had been kept incase we used the minibar , and if anyone smoked (which we dont anyway) in the room there would be a charge of £150 ,
we then walked up the grand stairs to our room i had asked for one on 2nd floor at front of hotel as nice view of chester street , the room was lovely , it had marble entrance floor and in the bathroom , and a doorbell on the door which was pressed when the staff brought our bags up , bed was huge and really comfy .
there was a huge mini bar with champagne and beer , soft drinks and nibbles and sweets .
we never touch any as new it would be expencive ( £42 for half a bottle of champagne )
we then went out for dinner in chester ,
We then thought we would have a drink in the bar of the hotel , the bottled beer was only £3.50 a bottle and the bar man brought us some cashew nuts and crisps in a bowl free , very nice touch we thought .
there is brandy at £495 a shot if your loaded on the menu ,
when we returned the staff had been in the room , closed the curtains and turned down the covers they had also left a bottle of water by each side of the bed , was not sure if we drunk it i would be charged so didnt touch it . we opted for the free continental breakfast and it was very nice , smoothies, fresh juice , cereals, youguts, toast and pasteries ,
As we had never stayed in a five star hotel before it put me a bit on edge in case i was charged for anything, or broke anything , on all it was a lovely hotel , but felt more comfortable staying at the golf hotel a few miles away.
The staff went out of there way to be nice , but you would expect that being 5 star.
on all it was a nice experience as on a offer but unless on a offer or i win the lotto would not return as too pricey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of beautiful Chester, the Grade II listed building, with its black and white timbered façade belies the modern elegance of the interior. The hotel offers both relaxed Parisian style dining and an exquisite Michelin star experience along with luxurious bedrooms and a heavenly spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your The Chester Grosvenor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chester Grosvenor Hotel Chester
- The Hotel Chester
- The Chester Grosvenor Cheshire