You will not get many hotels right in the center of Chester unless it is the reasonably priced Commercial or the expensive Grosvenor. Nestled away behind the shops on Northgate Street and Watergate Street the Commercial is very well placed for shops, restaurants and Rosie's Nightclub. Walk out the door and walk 40 feet down a passage to the shops. The rooms are few but fairly well equipped. We had room 1, 'Shelley'. The bed was very comfortable with a nice large bathroom and stylishly furnished bedroom. The bar area is large with outside seating front and rear and some canopies.
We woke at 4am due to the 'clubbers' leaving Rosie's nightclub, screaming and chanting. This was followed at about 5am by the dragging of wheelie bins over the cobbles, and then around 7am beer barrels being moved from the next door pub and the delivery of new beer barrels. Maybe we were just unfortunate!!
Overall, nice hotel, great location, staff very friendly and informative from arrival to departure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury accommodation, a wide selection of drinks, the warmest of welcomes, the liveliest of atmospheres in the most exquisite of locations… ‘…A gem hidden in the heart of Chester…’ We have five beautiful double en-suite rooms, including a luxury 'Lord Byron suite', each with a book of poetry written by their namesake for your enjoyment during your stay. We have 3 high quality entertaining bars serving traditional ales, fine wines, superb spirits and fabulous cocktails. We attract a fun-loving clientele from 18-80, especially at weekends when our renowned resident DJs spin their collective mix of disco-dancing tunes. We will always ensure you are made to feel very welcome at the Commercial and we provide something for everyone, every day of the week! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Commercial Bar & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Commercial Bar, Restaurant Hotel Chester
- The Commercial Bar, Restaurant And Hotel
- The Commercial Bar & Hotel Chester, Cheshire