2,380 results
All reviews race course champagne bar desirable room michael caines enviable room floor to ceiling windows fifth floor underground parking lovely hotel eggs benedict city centre per night reception staff walk in shower special occasion standard room full english
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

My favourite place to stay for a fancy couples treat great for a luxury room and it also has restaurants attached to the hotel and it is very good for money and very close to the city of chester and old about 10 minutes from most other restaurants and places to go.beautiful rooms and fantastic views great for a fancy night for two but also great for friends and meeting up with old friends however I wouldn’t advise taking the children as it’s a bit to expensive for the children and doesn’t have the right facilities for children.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Philip N, General Manager at ABode Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent visit at ABode Chester.

ABode Chester prides itself on excellent customer service so I am therefore incredibly pleased you have enjoyed your stay.

I hope you will visit ABode Chester in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when you would like to return and I will make sure you are well looked after.

I am available via email or through the main hotel number should you wish to discuss future bookings.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Spent Easter weekend with my SO at the Abode. The good things were the location and the food. Everyone is perfectly nice but just a jot less than on their toes. Perhaps not used to crowds but with the racetrack so near I doubt that.
We had lovely food at breakfast each morning which was well presented and tasty. But why have large bottles of water on the buffet for those to help themselves yet not provide water glasses? One last thing—the music being played in the mornings is just all wrong. Top 40 seems jagged over poached eggs at 0900.
The room was a nice size and on the surface smartly decorated. However the sofa was as hard as a rock, as was the chair. The TV is is too small for a room of this size. The bed was like sinking into a marshmallow. If soft beds are your thing—you’ll be in heaven. Bring your own pillows—I had 4 which flattened pretty quickly.
The good news is — room 304 has a fantastic view of the going’s in and especially the goings on in the large tree right outside the windows—two huge crowd nests were more entertaining to watch than the TV!

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Decided to come to Chester as me and my boyfriend both share the same birthday, on arrival we were allowed to put our suitcases in the luggage room whilst we headed to Chester zoo and Cheshire oaks, I had arranged birthday decorations for the room before we arrived at the hotel so as we got to our hotel room we had banners on the door and we had balloons and banners in the room. The room itself was very nice and clean, tv was working fine. The only fault was that the shower wasn’t very hot but that’s nothing to shout about :) the bed was the comfiest bed I’ve ever slept in, I didn’t want to leave! At check out again we were allowed to use the luggage room as our train wasn’t until late afternoon.

The staff at reception were very friendly and efficient! There was a girl with dark hair and a blonde haired guy that were very good!

It’s so useful that Miller and carter is also in the same building!

Definitely would recommend this hotel especially for a couples getaway! Deffo will be returning, thank you abode!!

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We stayed last minute and was aware the hotel was nearly full. Room 202 has an extra door with something very noisy behind it ! Sounded a bit like a generator / power plant so unfortunately I woke just after 3am and couldn't get back to sleep. The room itself was very nice, comfy bed and pillows and a lovely bathroom.
We had cocktails in the brassiere in the evening which we thoroughly enjoyed and we had drinks in the ground floor bar, staff really friendly there and also on reception.
Breakfast was a massive let down and a major shambles. Arrived in plenty of time but waited 15 mins to be seated with no apology for our wait, we passed at least 10 empty tables that hadn't been cleared. Ordered 3 drinks and 3 lots of toast, 2 drinks and 1 toast arrived, had to chase waiter 3 times for the rest of the toast. The toast was actually more like warm bread. No croissants or pastries left at the Buffett, no milk for hot drinks. Cooked breakfast arrived, bacon like cardboard, dried up dog end of black pudding, some random nasty tasting beans, ended up eating half a sausage and the egg, my partner sent his back because it was cold. There needs to be some serious thought going into the organisation of breakfast here, staff do not seem to communicate with each other and don't actually seem bothered when there's a problem. I'm really not sure if we'd stay here again.

Room tip: Not 202 very noisy
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We visited abode for my birthday in March and we were treated like royalty.Our room was lovely and spacious with everything we needed,excellent views over Chester.The hotel was spotless and the staff were so pleasant and couldn’t do enough for us.We visited the brasserie on floor 5 and made our way through the cocktail menu with the help of Jasper the bar tender,who was very helpful with a vast knowledge of cocktails!so much so that we stayed for more than ‘just the one’.A very pleasant afternoon that was!We cannot fault Abode and we will be back a.s.a.p !