All reviews cotton wool city centre rooms are spotlessly clean recommend this guest house race meeting excellent accommodation ten minute walk a great place to stay within easy walking distance first morning enjoyable stay lovely room evening meal toiletries racecourse
Reviewed 7 January 2017

I have stayed with Beryl many times over the years after trying many others beforhand. Beryl's beats them all hands down for the welcome, comfort, food, facilities and attention to detail. It has become like a 'home from home' be honest. Beryl is very generous with additional things like toiletries and biccies tpp!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Beryl R, Owner at Rowland House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2017

Thank you ever so much for your very kind review, it is much appreciated, I hope that you have had a good Christmas & New Year, and I hope that you will continue to enjoy your regular stay overs with me, as both customers and ourselves enjoy your interesting conversations at breakfast time, so we look forward to many more visits from you over the coming year or two.
Happy New Year, all the best from R/House.

Reviewed 4 December 2016

This was our 3rd time staying at Rowland House. Would highly recommend staying with Beryl. She is very friendly and helpful and can't do enough for you. The place is spotlessly clean and the breakfast is really good. Chester centre is 5 mins walk and a plus is the private parking. She also sells wonderful home made jam.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Beryl R, Owner at Rowland House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2016

Thank you Kevin for taking time to write a much appreciated review, I am so pleased that you and the family have enjoyed your stay overs with me, and your visits to the Christmas Market & lights over the past 3 years.
I hope we may see you sometime during 2017, so enjoy Christmas, and
Best Wishes for the New Year.
Beryl.

Reviewed 28 November 2016

Stayed with Beryl at Rowland House a few times now over the years and it is always a great welcome back. Lovely, small, quaint B&B in a great location for walking into centre of Chester for shopping or at night time - 10 minute walk at the most. Very well kept and spotlessly clean. Rooms are a good size with excellent en-suite/bathroom facilities. Beds very comfy. Breakfasts are the best - variety of cereals and fresh fruit with yogurt and the cooked breakfasts you will love. Plenty of tea, coffee and toast as well. Roberta helps Beryl with the breakfasts and both are really lovely and a pleasure to meet. Very recommended.

Room Tip: Website shows the rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Beryl R, Owner at Rowland House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2016

Well Sally what can I say, except thank you so much once again for your review and for coming to stay with me while visiting Chester, as always it is a pleasure to have you here, and to listen to your stories of where you have all been, and what you have all been doing.
Restaurants/pubs/ lots of shopping to mention just a few of your activities.
So have a very Merry Christmas (leave room for the TURKEY) Best Wishes for the
New Year 2017, and may be see you some time later in 2017.
All the best,
Beryl & Roberta.

Reviewed 8 November 2016

My wife and I stayed for 5 days at the Rowland House, Chester in October.
It is owned and run by Beryl Rowland and assisted by her lovely friend Roberta.
Both Beryl and Roberta gave us a wonderful welcome upon arriving and this continued throughout our stay.
We had a Double-on- Suit- room which had an extremely comfortable bed,and can
only praise the whole experience and attention to detail throughout.
Breakfast was excellent with various choices and as much tea and toast as we wanted.
With Beryls knowledge of the area we soon found our way about and were able to
use the Bus'es like a local.During our stay we never needed our car for the whole
stay.
We both are of the opinion that this B&B is the best we have ever tried and if the
opportunity arises would go out of our way to stay again.
Many Thanks Beryl and Roberta.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are of a very high standard
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank evansdavid761
Beryl R, Owner at Rowland House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2016

Well thank you both so very much, for your much appreciated review, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with me, and that you where made to feel so welcome.
I hope that if you do visit Chester again in the not to distant future, that you will come and stay with us at R/House, where a warm welcome awaits you.
So have a very MERRY Christmas, and Best wishes for the New Year.
Beryl & Roberta.

Reviewed 24 September 2016

Stayed here 22/23 Sept met by the lovely Beryl&Roberta only 5 minutes to town, ideal location. The room was spacious and very clean,Breakfasts were excellent nothing was to-much trouble, Gave me a map of the town 1st class service. Would definitely recommend

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Hello to you both, and sorry for the late response.
It was so nice of you to take time to write a review for R/House, and so pleased that you enjoyed both your visit to Chester & your stay with me.
So if you return to Chester again in the future we will be very pleased to see you.
Have a nice Christmas & New Year,