“Best B&B in Chester”
Review of Rowland House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chester
Rowland House
Ranked #18 of 76 Chester B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 July 2011

We were booked to stay for three nights but due to an unfortunate cycling accident to my husband we only stayed one night. However we shall definitely be back as the house was absolutely spotless. We were given an extremely warm welcome and the breakfast was very good. Beryl was a fantastic support to me when I suddenly had to start contacting the hospital with regard to my husband and had to suddenly return home on my own on the Sunday evening. She is a lovely lady and the short time sitting in the sun in her garden, calmed my nerves whilst waiting to hear from my husband. We shall most definitely be returning (minus the bike) to explore Chester and the surrounding area. It is the third time in the City and by far the best B&B! Thank you Beryl.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 July 2011

My wife and I spent only one night (sadly) at Rowland House, in Chester. Perhaps the finest B&B I've ever stayed in. Spacious room, generously and excellently furnished; huge, sunny bathroom with excellent amenities; fine, modern TV (better than ours at home!), perhaps 8-9 minutes' walk from the very heart of Chester. Even excellent internet performance. Off-street parking. Excellent breakfast. Beryl Rowland is a lovely, gracious hostess who was very helpful in helping me contact American Express over some credit card problems. Only 1 tiny quibble: apparently Ms. Rowland is a tea drinker, since only instant coffee was available for breakfast (although I have to admit -- it was really good instant coffee).
Finding Rowland House is a bit tricky due to the one-way street system and poor street signage in Chester.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chip162
Reviewed 26 June 2011

Not a bad word can be said about this little bed & breakfast, warm friendly welcome on arrival, room was lovely absolutely spotless as was all the b&b, the bed was very comfortable and everything in great condition. Lovely view from our room great choice at breakfast cereals fresh fruit toast full english and any special dietary requirements catered for if details given when checking in . 15 minute walk maximum to centre and race course so was perfect location. Will definitely book again when returning to Chester :-)

Room Tip: all rooms are lovely
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2011

I travel to Chester for the University. Rowland House is conveniently located within easy walking distance for me. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Beryl, the hostess, adds many little extras and is very helpful. The breakfast is delicious. Beryl always has wonderful fresh fruit with the full English breakfast. I travel alone and feel safe and secure staying with her at Rowland House.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank sparrowssong
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Excellent B & B within a stones throw of the uni and the city centre. Immaculately clean, comfortable beds, very hospitable landlady who gave lots of helpful advice. On site parking. Nice breakfast. No complaints at all!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family