“Fantastic”

Ranked #27 of 607 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Probably the best restaurant in Chester. The atmosphere is buzzing, the staff are great and friendly, the food is amazing.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went for my 9 year olds birthday. Food was delicious, but let down by the service. I had delivered a balloon in the morning for the staff to attach to my daughter's seat. When we arrived, they had put the ballonn on a different table. My sister rang up and ordered a non alcoholic cocktail for my daughter to be at the table, as she couldn't make the meal. The restaurant decided to give everyone a glass of prosecco, even the children, already poured before we arrived, so we could do nothing about it and then added £30 to the bill for the pleasure. Not impressed. Disappointing for my daughter.

1  Thank VickiC893
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went to this restaurant on a whim and I'm so glad we tried it. Very rustic decor, amazing menu, incredible staff. We went for my Nanna's birthday (without booking) and the staff went above and beyond for her to make sure she had the best experience. Thank you so much, you made her day.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our B&B in Chester recommended La Fattoria, and I'm glad we listened! This is definitely one of the best restaurants we've encountered in our travels.

We were seated quickly, despite the place being crazy busy, our order was taken within minutes, and the food was brought out very quickly. My wife had the 4-cheese pizza (that had the proper kind of cheeses including Gorgonzola - always something to check before ordering!) and I had the sea bass with potatoes and broccoli.

The pizza was brilliant, cooked perfectly with the right amount of cheese and sauce and a nice thin and crunchy crust. She was nice enough to share a slice with me and we were both big fans!

The sea bass was plentiful with not a single bone to be found - two large fillets that were cooked to perfection and seasoned expertly. The skin was crispy and the fish was flaky. It was literally the best I have ever had. The broccoli and potatoes were equally good, seasoned and cooked perfectly.

There is literally nothing to criticize about any part of the meal or the restaurant. We are spending a second night in Chester and it's quite likely that we'll be returning to this fantastic place again! I recommend anyone that enjoys a great meal at a friendly, well-run establishment to put this place on your agenda if you're in the area!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This restaurant was busy every night we walked past so without making a booking we just took a chance & we got a table.The staff where friendly & helpful & the food is amazing can’t rate this restaurant highly enough