“Mmmm Cocktails”

Ranked #65 of 603 Restaurants in Chester
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Great cocktails, interesting Tabasco flavour popcorn and good food. Would have given it another star but my first choice was not available and being Friday they don’t do the Tapas (why?). Looks like it could get a bit noisier in the evenings but lunchtime nice and sedate.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We ate here for our evening meal on Good Friday. We ordered a couple of tapas plates to start and then I had a fajita plate while my partner had a stake.

the fajita plate had the wow factor, coming on a massive tray

the service was fantastic - thank you to the lovely server who kindly cleaned up my drink after I knocked it over - I didn't get her name but she was one of the most attentive servers we've had in a long time. You could see her scoping the restaurant to see exactly what everyone needed.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Came here for my birthday with a few friends last year.
Stumbled across this cocktail bar and hopped in, yes some things on the menu were expensive but your in Chester... it’s a city! Never fazed us, we tried a few cocktails whilst there.
Staff were brilliant and one lad who was making our cocktails said it was his last shift and we couldn’t fault him one bit, he’d tell us what things were in the cocktails if we didn’t know what they were.
Can’t wait to call back in soon!

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I have visited Havana's a few times and have always loved it but on the last two occasions that I have been and ordered cocktails there has been one ingredient missing from the drinks I have ordered and an alternative has to been found. Not sure this should be happening when cocktails are your main business.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Our table for 6 was booked for 7pm on Paddy’s night. The place was lively albeit our table was in the restaurant cavern / crypt. We were shown to a table which was near a draught and we requested a move more to the middle which they did. We were advised that a couple of the dishes on the menu were sold out as were some of their bottle beers but this didn’t inconvenience us. The food was great - prawn, chicken and steak fajitas and the fish parcel was especially good. The Mexican craft beer was excellent as was the Chilean Sauvignon Blanc. There were a very noisy group of girls in the area between the bar and restaurant areas who were shouting and shrieking but they were eventually expelled and the waitresses came around apologising for the disturbance - nice touch! A 10% service charge was added to the bill (which wasn’t optional) but as we had enjoyed the evening and the service was very good we were ok with the extra cost.