“Fantastic Girls Night Out” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #111 of 548 Restaurants in Chester
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Bar, British, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, After-hours, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: To be provided.
Manchester
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Girls Night Out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Had an absolutely wonderful time at Alexanders recently. Didn't realise the place existed until I searched on google for an appropriate venue for our girls night out. There was a mix of ages in our party and so we needed a seating area that wasn't too far from the dance floor and that's exactly what we got which made the night because it meant that the older ones in the party could watch the younger ones dance moves and vice versa! The food we had was lovely and was reasonably priced (it was 14.95 for 3 courses and entry). The atmosphere is quite querky and unique. There was a fantastic band called Goodfellas playing who played a mix of music which again appealed to the different generations.The staff were all very polite and helpful and couldn't do enough to accommodate us. All in all I highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a nice restaurant / live music venue in Chester.

1 Thank RLee_12
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Chester, UK
“Alexander's is our second home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I am not exaggerating when I say that my hubby and I practically live at Alexander's (or Alex's, as we like to call it). It is a unique and wonderful place. We love jazz and there are great local bands appearing regularly, both on Sunday afternoons (free entry) and mid-week (£4.95 including great locally made bangers n mash). The Friday party nights are also great fun! Alternatively I just like to go in my lunchtime to chill and have a coffee or a glass of fresh orange juice, squeezed while you wait in a fascinating Heath Robinson type contraption behind the bar. That's entertainment in itself! The bar staff are so friendly and you are always made to feel welcome!

Although I wouldn't class its main function as a restaurant, I can say that the food they do serve is really tasty.

It is one place I really miss when I'm away from home!

• Visited April 2012
Llandudno
“Fabulous Friday Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

To find a venue that instantly feels comfortable nowadays is a rare thing and to find staff that actually enjoy where they work and what they're doing...even rarer. But we had all this plus a fabulous night's entertainment at Alexander's on our 'Friday Night Out'.
We were fortunate that the weather was 'uncommonly mild' which allowed us to start our evening in the courtyard outside. It creates a very Mediterranean vibe and relaxes you after a hard day at the office which in turn readies you for the evening ahead.
A few of our friends chose to eat and were more than happy with their choices and the service.
We moved inside for the evening's show and had a truly fabulous evening dancing to some of our favourite tunes by a band who's name unfortunately my drunken mind forgot!
A great li'l venue and a jewel in the lovely City of Chester's crown :)

Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
“Friday nights are great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

My friends and I go regularly on Fridays. It is a friendly place with great bands to dance to. Sometimes there is a real party atmosphere, and we have never witnessed any sort of trouble. Saturday is comedy night which is good. I have seen some great blues, usually on Thursdays. Not eaten but the new cook has created a great menu at a good price.

• Visited April 2012
chester uk
“good entertainment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

we had a great time ,the atmosphere was really party like.The food was good but the staff were really friendly and helpful.They made you feel as though you are part of the place and want to go again.If you go on a nice night it is really nice outside especially if it gets too loud inside.There is a good crowd that goes and the entertainment was fantastic.A GREAT NIGHT OUT