“Can't wait to come back!”
Review of Isle of Ely

Isle of Ely
Ranked #76 of 113 Restaurants in Ely
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I visited the Isle of Ely earlier in the week with a friend of mine and we thoroughly enjoyed it! I was greeted at the bar by a very friendly member of staff who served us a delicious gin and tonic each with fresh orange - so yummy!
I ordered a wrap for lunch which came out in good time and was very tasty and my friend had a burger which she enjoyed also! The young girl who brought the lunches out was very helpful - always lovely to be served by someone with a smile on their face :-)
The atmosphere was friendly and sophisticated with fresh flowers on the table - not a horrid fake one like so many places these days! It was all clean and bright especially where I sat by the window - very much looking forward to returning, especially in the summer when I can't wait to sit outside in the sunshine and make my way through the fantastic gin selection!!!

1  Thank car0linexx

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

2nd time visiting and will certainly not be coming again. Easter Monday so quite busy, ordered a starter and a main course. Starter came within 10 mins, not fantastic and won't have again. Waited another 45 mins for the main course. There was just one woman running around getting everyone's food orders about whilst I spotted other members of staff doing absolutely nothing behind the till. The poor family sat next to me waited almost an hour for their food and couldn't believe the state of it when it arrived. Overheard them saying they won't be coming again. Unless something drastically improves, I can't see this "pub" staying open.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My first visit on day 1 was very successful. Fantastic food, efficient service and great atmosphere. When I revisited during the last week of March, our food took over 1hour 15 to arrive, after a gentle reminder, the alcoholic jugs tasted like Robinson’s juice, the puddings were soggy and staff behind the bar didn’t know what they were doing, how to use the tills, or make the drinks requested! In comparison, a poorly hosted evening. A heavy atmosphere could be felt with unhappy customers throughout the restaurant.

1  Thank smithemmalee
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Four out of five of us ordered burgers which were advertised as having a brioche bun. We received pathetic tiny bread rolls with our burgers which didn’t even cover the burgers. A stupidly small portion of chips. When we complained the manager said “what can I do?”

1  Thank fitthouse
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Considering this venue has only just opened, you thought that Greene King would be making an effort to get The Isle of Ely off to a great start, encouraging customers to return etc ..... but they are not and the staff haven't got any idea about customer service - it wasn't busy when we went but I stood in a queue waiting to order food and drink for 15 mins - there was one guy behind the bar and lots of other staff wandering around pretending to look busy - dont know what they were doing because the pub tables were dirty and had no cutlery on them ? Food eventually comes in batches rather than the whole table served at once - don't bother with Hunters Chicken as the portion size is unacceptably small. Steak pie was OKish. Staff asked for feedback on the meal and then ignored it. Don't bother with the ice cream sundae either - mine turned up 10 mins after my wife finished her pudding and was very poorly presented and tasted cheap. Greene King needs to sort this place out - I won't be returning and by the looks of some TA reviews, other people feel the same

1  Thank MichaelfromSuffolk