“Top notch ”

Viking Fish & Chips
Ranked #215 of 748 Restaurants in Cambridge
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

I spend my time between Bury St. Edmunds and Cambridge. The Viking is my chip shop of choice when in Cambridge. I've yet to try some of the competition, but Viking has been consistently good of late, so there's not much point. They did go through a period a few years ago where the oil often tasted "tired", but seem to have overcome that problem. The large cod, small chips that my partner and I had last night were superb (the chip portions were MASSIVE, but they were about to close, so I think they gave us extra!) Keep up the good work, Viking! PS: They do pea fritters - if you like mushy peas, you MUST try one!

3  Thank Darkstar64

Reviewed 23 May 2017

I love my fish and chips. I'm serious. It has to be a huge piece of fish and a mound of chips. This plaice (haha) delivers (I have had bigger fish but only at Yarmouth - I will be back, Yarmouth, so watch out). Very friendly staff, fish cooked to order for me, massive, massive chips: thank you so much. This is now our regular Saturday night treat. Keep up the good work and generous portion sizes and you will have my custom for life. Nom.

2  Thank Adam S
Reviewed 4 April 2017

visited based on good reviews - was not disappointed. haddock chips and curry sauce for 3. excellent friendly, attentive service. lovely succulent fresh fish in delicious crispy batter - excellent curry sauce. what more could i ask for?

1  Thank onetengrant
Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

Popped into the Viking last Friday night for fish and chips and a savaloy. OMG. The code was thick and juicy, beautifully cooked and the chips were a very generous portion. My mum's savaloy she said took her back years to when she used to live in the big smoke! The service was very efficient and the young lady who took my order was polite and helpful. Well done to all the staff at the Viking.

1  Thank Melanie B
Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

We moved eight years ago from Cambridge but this place is so good that when I come back and visit, I am happy to travel from the south of the city to the north just for a bag of fish and chips. Prices may have gone up but the quality of the fish and chips is still incredibly good. The people are great,friendly and helpful. The first time I went back, they offered to wrap my chips in extra paper as I had commented that I was staying south. Much cheaper than eating in a hotel and much better!

2  Thank JaneD28