“The best”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Visiting from Cumbria for the football, this is very close to the ground and well worth a visit. The menu states that dishes are cooked fresh and this is so true, this was by far the best thai I have ever eaten.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Went to The Wrestlers for a nice Thai dinner last week on the recommendation of many who have called this the best Thai food in Cambridge (some even as far as the best Thai food they’ve ever had)

I ordered the Thai Green Curry with chicken and rice, and my girlfriend ordered the Thai Red Curry with chicken in rice.

People aren’t wrong — the Curry is absolutely incredible here. I really loved it.
However, both myself and my girlfriend were very disappointed in the chicken used.
It was very rubbery, tasteless and quite obviously boiled. Kind of reminded me of the ‘fake chicken’ you get in those frozen meals.

Undecided if I want to find another Thai place in Cambridge or if I will return to The Wrestlers and get the Thai Green Curry vegetarian option to avoid the chicken. Or perhaps order a takeaway of just the Curry and rice and cook my own chicken.

My only suggestion — take a leaf out of Cambridge’s Taj Indian and use proper chicken, and cook it properly. Then it’ll be perfect.

1  Thank AllAussieTraveller91
Reviewed 29 August 2018

We ordered different dishes and were all pleased with the quality and taste of our food. This place never disappoints and always has a great vibe. One of our guests didn’t realise just how informal this restaurant is, there’s no starter on the menu, it only serves the main dish. For those who don't know, the environment is a relaed pub that serves local ales as well as the usual lagers and wines.

Great for a get together with friends.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Great local Thai food.
Generous portions, short waiting time.
Would highly recommend.
Friendly service.

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

The title was the comment my colleague made on Wednesday evening, this was after waiting an hour just to get a table. As one of the previous reviews says it’s just a plain and simple pub, but it’s an excellent choice of beers and a really good authentic Thai food. Would strongly advise booking a table in this busy little pub.

1  Thank Sheffield-MR