“Five star pizza”

Tradizioni
Ranked #12 of 761 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Cafe
Description: We are an informal Italian restaurant and we love to prepare food as our granny taught us. Our dishes are simple and tasty. Portions are generous but if you're still hungry you shouldn't hesitate to ask for more. If you're looking for a fancy restaurant with a novelle cuisine our place is not the right one, but if you want to feel at home and have a good portion of pasta or a well cooked pizza, than this is your place.
Reviewed 24 July 2018

How so lovely the pizza here I could eat it all day every day without fail perfwcrly crafted a d Cooked

Reviewed 22 July 2018

It would be easy to overlook this jewel of an eatery but it is well worth seeking out. Andrea and his staff have sensibly kept the menu simple, but it includes all the favourites of great Italian home cooking. My particular favourite mix Penne alla Matriciana. Try the generous sharing platter to start and you will have dined like a Principe. Bring your own wine.

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

Lovely pizza and byob wine, tables outside , fab basil olive oil with great service, what more to ask for?

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

We decided to try to book for a Saturday evening but they don’t take reservations so they added us to their calling list and we told them what time we were aiming for. We decided to head over to that side of town for the evening and hope that we got a call, which we did about 20 mins before the time we had given them. This is a small restaurant with only 24 covers but it has a nice buzz about it and the service is excellent. The menu is simple, a few nice starters and mains of either pizza (ordinary or focaccia), pastas and a selection of sides. The byob is great and there is a coop store 50 metres away for any last minute wine purchases. This place is authentic and what it does, it does really really well. We had 3 x 3 course meals, a soft drink, 2 coffees and corkage for 2 bottles of wine (£1 corkage per bottle£ for just over £60. The square pizzas are fantastic and come in half or whole options. I had carbonara which was delicious (I have had so many bad carbonaras elsewhere) they also have a balsamic crema which I had on my starter which was just gorgeous. The service was prompt even though they were very busy and the 2 guys front of house even found time to stop and have a chat. I can’t recommend highly enough especially the tiramisu!

Date of visit: June 2018
2  Thank Bevilars
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

We moved to the area 6 months ago and have been exploring local restaurants ever since. I must have walked past this one 100 times before I realised it was a must-try.

Oh. My. Goodness. Is it worth it!

I cannot recommend this place more highly. I had an absolutely shocking day when my other half said we should go out for dinner, I never expected to have my spirits lifted so much just by a restaurant.

They were short staffed when we arrived, but Andrea, the chef, was so apologetic and friendly. He went out of his way to ensure we were seen to and that we felt valued.

The food was incredible, very reasonably priced and the atmosphere relaxed and enjoyable. Although we were stuffed by the time we finished, Andrea gave us some of his tiramisu to try. We both agreed it was the best we had ever tasted.

Not only was the food fresh and delicious, this restaurant was having a stressful time when we arrived and they dealt with the pressure absolutely perfectly. We will be back.

And if you're ever having an awful day? Visit Tradizioni, they'll blow away the blues in no time!

Thank you Andrea!