1,058 results
All reviews cellar bar cinema suite wolf blass valet parking roll top bath monsoon shower fitzwilliam museum nespresso machine superior room mini bar underfloor heating birthday treat afternoon tea walk in shower a lovely stay lovely room stayed here for one night
Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

Our stay was for my husband's birthday celebration. We stayed in one of the suites. Room was lovely,especially the huge shower. We could unfortunately hear the sound of people walking around in hallways at night and early in the morning, which was disturbing but everything else was so lovely it didn't really matter.

Breakfast was delicious and the hotel bar was absolutely wonderful atmosphere with great choice of beverages and great for a night cap after returning from exploring the city centre, which is a short walk away.

We would definitely recommend, although not a cheap option it felt worth it.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
William T, Manager at Hotel du Vin Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2016

Dear 1Jamw,

Thank you for stopping by and reviewing us.

I was delighted to hear that you & your hisband had a good stay with us.

I will pass on your comments about breakfast to our head chef!

thanks again,

Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

Amazing food.We have chosen private dining and the Prestige menu.The service was impeccable.We had a very good time, the atmosphere was very relaxing and it was good to stay away from the noise that usually comes with dining in a restaurant,surrounded by strangers.The hotel is very beautiful and elegant.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Armage,

thank you for the extremely positive review. I will share it with our kitchen and bistro team.

I was delighted to hear you had a good time. I hope you will join us for dinner in the future.

Reviewed 30 October 2016

We have stayed at several Hotels du Vin and always loved the quirky stylishness. This one is quirky in parts (not in good way) but in no way stylish. Instead it is at best depressingly corporate in many ways (especially the garden terrace rooms). Nothing individual about them. We were woken by a spinning washing machine at 7.20am, and then 20 mins later there were 2 staff talking and laughing loudly outside the door. On a Saturday morning. The bar area downstairs is stuffed with chairs and sofas which are too close together, but you have no choice but to sit in the main area, since the other alcoves were positively chilly (the barman said it was something to do with the lift shaft?). In any case they too were uncomfortably full of furniture. The prosecco was not properly chilled, the breakfast was seriously average (a very off putting display of Kelloggs products greets you as you walk in - not quite what you expect in a hotel of this calibre and price). Coffee was unpleasant, bacon undercooked, pastries not fresh and practically inedible. Add to all this the high price of the very unimpressive room and the £25 surcharge to park your car... This is one H du V we will be avoiding at all costs and advising others to do the same.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank travellery6

Dear travellery6,

thanks for taking the time to write a review.

I'm sorry that we have failed to live up to your expectations. I am looking into the issues you have raised including the noise you experienced in the morning, Breakfast,a and the temperature in the bar area.

We do charge £25 for our parking service. Guests often find this is the cheapest and most convenient option when staying in Cambridge.

thanks again for the feedback.

Reviewed 23 October 2016

Stayed with our dog for one night. Room was dark, poorly planned, cold, smelt stale and very dated. Chipped toilet seat, flaking skirting boards, the list is endless. We paid £239 for a 2* room simply because it was the only available hotel that accommodated dogs and it was my son's graduation. Maybe we were given a grotty room because we had a dog, I'd like to think the other rooms would be to a much higher standard.
We had a few drinks in the wine bar cellar. It was nicely decorated and relaxing then we ordered room service. This arrived in good time and our meals were most enjoyable.
Staff are pleasant, good location and I've eaten in the restaurant in the past.
It's just a shame about the poor standard of our room. We wouldn't stay again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear JaneA2916VP,

Thank you for your review.

I'm sorry that you found the room did not meet you requirements. I do believe we are one of the only hotels in the area that is dog friendly. We have two rooms in the hotel that we allocated as dog rooms. We have taken this policy so that anyone who has severe allergies to animal fur is not effected in the slightest. We choose these rooms due to their proximity to the courtyard so our guests dogs can enjoy some exercise. I'm sorry if the room was stale. I will be investigating this personally as it is not the standard we aim to deliver.

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding our food & beverage operation. I will share this with the team.

I do hope you give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

Stayed in the large suite. The bed is massive!!! The room is very nice, the bathroom could with a bit of tender loving care. That is me being pickie. The hotel is well looked after and the staff was welcoming and very helpful. Breakfast was good and in a great location. Would definitely stay here again.

Dear Jamesalecburton,

Thanks for the review.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed the 8 foot bed in the large suite. It is indeed large enough to get lost in!

Thank you for the feedback regarding the bathroom. I will make sure our housekeeping & maintenance team are informed.

I look forward to welcoming you back when you return.