“Best b&b and most welcoming”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cambridge
Southampton Guest House
Ranked #63 of 121 Cambridge B&B and Inns
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Best b&b and most welcoming”
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Been staying at this b&b for the past 3 years, through out my university residentials. I always stayed in the same room and even tho it might be a little bit old fashioned you couldn't be more looked after! The owners , lovely Yvonne and Stefan are always happy and helpful.
Put it this way.......if I'd had to choose beetwen ritz and Southampton guesthouse I'd choose Southampton guesthouse every time !

Once I'm graduated I'll def come back for a night out in Cambridge and stay at Southampton guesthouse.

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank prettybella
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Chicago
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I stayed at the Southampton Guest House for 6 nights while getting my daughter settled at her university. It was a wonderful value for the price, and a very pleasant stay. Yvonne and Stephane are warm and helpful hosts, and the location was great, about 10 minutes walk from the City Centre. (Walking back in the evening along Midsummer Common and passing through a herd of peacefully grazing cows was an extra treat!) The room was very basic, but clean and comfortable. I definitely plan to stay there on future visits.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Shoeburyness
Reviewed 10 July 2011

A good little B and B! Very Clean and comfortable. A little dated with the wall paper dating back a while and one of those moving water pictures in the breakfast room which I have not seen an example of since my local Indian had one about 25 years ago. Very friendly hosts and the best breakfast I have had for a long time. For the money it is great value!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2011

I revisited the Southampton Guest House for the fifth or sixth time after a few years absence. Stephano and Yvonne continue to provide a comfortable and relaxing place to stay and an excellent breakfast. Room 4 was very clean and contained everything you would expect.
Very good value for money.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
southampton
Reviewed 6 June 2011

We stayed here for 1 night after finding it by chance as everywhere was full due to the strawberry fair being on. Well all I can say we were very lucky as it was really really nice and very reasonably priced compared to others we tried. Great value for your money. We were greeted with a warm smile and she could not do enough for us. The room was a reasonable size, clean and cosy. The breakfast was superb whith a good choice and wonderfully cooked. They speak 3 languages which is a bonus for visitors from overseas.They even have off road parking which is a bonus and it is a pleasant 15 min walk into the city. Overall really enjoyed our stay, and we are looking forward to returning when visiting our family in Cambridge. Well Done

Room Tip: although we were at the front it is was not noisy