“The Worst Place I've Ever Stayed”
Review of Panos Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cambridge
Panos Hotel
Ranked #33 of 36 Hotels in Cambridge
A TripAdvisor Member
London, England
Reviewed 20 October 2003

Absolutely the Worst B&B in the British Isles. The decor in this place has not been touched since the 70s and it needs it. Worse though is that the beds are decades old too - well except for the planks which the proprietor tells me are under every mattress - not great when the bed-springs have gone! I did not sleep a wink and had a very sore back.
So the Bed is terrible and so was the Breakfast - surely its de rigeur for a B&B to offer a hearty full English breakfast? Not here - its eggs, bacon & toast. No sausage, no beans, no tomatoes, no mushrooms.
Very stingy ... as was the attitude to my complaint. £80 is about double I'd expect to pay for a Good B&B, so when I asked for some compensation for the terrible Bed, I was not expecting the rudeness I received. I was thoroughly embarrassed in front of the other guests (the reception is in the dining room). Room 1 (where I stayed) is bad, but room 9 is joke. £60 for a 30-year-old, 5 (five) foot bed, in a room so small you can touch 3 walls at once. Oh and I forgot to mention that its in a Shed, only accessible via the back yard. I would think that the rooms at the front will have a lovely view of the building site across the main road. Totally shocking place. If you're visiting Homerton, stay elsewhere and take a taxi. If you're visiting Cambridge, this is not the area for you anyway.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member