All reviews parker's piece continental breakfast executive room fair trade lovely hotel small balcony multi storey central location small hotel fresh toast train station air conditioning cold meats street noise third floor bars and restaurants corn exchange
Reviewed 1 September 2018

We stayed at this lovely hotel for 1 night with a group of 8 family members. We had 4 rooms and all were large and lovely. A special mention to the friendly reception staff who changed our rooms to the Executive floor without any bother. The 3rd floor Executive rooms are fabulous with a tiny balcony over looking the tree tops. The rooms on the first and second floor are large and well maintained. The only issue we did have is that one of the rooms on the second floor had mathematical formulae wall paper which was a touch distracting ! There is a large, lounge, a bar and a small breakfast room which serves a cold breakfast which is more than adequate. Take note however there is no car park (there is a multi-storey round the corner where yo can park) however the cost of stopping on the street outside the hotel is 50p for 10 minutes.
Overall a fabulous hotel in a great location

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Spent one night here, was lovely. Nice decor, spotlessly Clean, great location, friendly helpful staff, comfy bed, quiet air con that worked, nice toiletries, kettle with mugs, room overlooking the park with a tree right outside, great breakfast with fresh strawberries and stuff as well as pastries and meats. Will certainly return if we come to Cambridge again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2018

I booked via the Internet. All as usual, until I was asked if there were any special requests that hadn't been taken care of. I conferred with my friend, and she suggested that they hadn't offered a basket of kittens. Could they provide? I noted it down - just for fun and thought no more about it. On arrival. Clean, very friendly, helpful. Room immaculate. Bathroom more than sufficient. Bath with shower inside, basin, bidet and loo. Towels, makeup flannel. Flannel. Fitments left where a towel rail had been removed still in place - probably as would have made more of a mess than to remove. In no way detrimental to my stay. Carpet thick. Dressing gown. Slippers. TV. Very comfortable bed and air conditioning. I like to sleep in a room which is cool, and so I can snuggle down under the covers and on the dressing table a beautifully cut out image of...a basket of kittens, carefully handmade and supported on a triangle of paper. What service! Quite astonishing. Breakfast was cold - Danishes, toast, marmalade (little Tiptrees, but with plenty of choice in reserve and to hand), cold meats, cereal, as much tea and coffee that you could drink, cheese, fruit...I love a cooked breakfast - but this was more than sufficient. Much more.
The hotel was on the main road going through Cambridge. Friendly. Clean. Practical. Small. Silent and their service couldn't be faulted. I have never before been given such personal service as a hand made card of a basket of kittens. A wonderful touch that I really appreciated.
We were there just over night - so services not fully experienced.
TripAdvisor asks if this is suitable for families. It depends on the family and how you would define one. Adults yes. Youngsters - probably. Babes in arms - not sure. Though I suggest you contact the hotel directly. They do everything they can to help. Marvellous.

Room Tip: Talk to the staff - it seems they will try to accommodate any request...
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Fantastic location and lovely friendly staff. Please don't be put off by the Continental Breakfast - this was the best Continental Breakfast we've ever had. The shower was really good - a deal breaker for me! The bar prices are reasonable too.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Lovely little hotel handily placed close to the centre of town. The hotel is clean and modern inside whilst clean and traditional on the outside. We had a small double room and whilst compact it was modern clean and airy. The room also had air conditioning. The breakfast was all we needed with a good selection of cereals, fruit and pastries. Overall we were very pleased with the hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple