All reviews city centre buffet style hash browns tesco express hot and cold food cooked items single room stayed two nights plenty of parking good size cooked breakfast priced hotel free parking nice stay very nice hotel bus stop car parking
Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

I could not in all conscience recommend this yet friends have. There was a malodour which irritated me. The state of disrepair and decor reminded me of the worst student digs. The staff were friendly.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2018

Spent 2 nights here in 2 different rooms, both had sound issues, first floor room had a drone from an outside fan system, ground floor room had severe issues, from my bed I could hear every word spoken in reception, in the foyer and even in the lounge, went on till 1-00 am in the morning (avoid the ground floor rooms at your peril). Both bedrooms in decent condition but both rooms had bits left on the floor from previous occupants. Beware of the bacon and sausages at breakfast, each time they were cooked within an inch of their life, irrespective of the time I arrived.

Room tip: avoid ground floor bedrooms
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Myself and my sister in law have just come back from staying here for 2 nights. The hotel and room was comfortable and clean, with everything you would need to a nice stay. The staff were very helpful and went out of their way to help us. They even brought in soya milk, yogurt & butter for my sister in law. Thank you for such a lovely stay.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 March 2018

We booked the Helen Hotel as it is fairly central and offering free car parking and a reasonable price for Cambridge. We read some negative reviews so was a bit worried, we needn’t have been this is a clean and friendly place the staff were pleasant and friendly. The room was a bit on the small side but adequate it had a good shower.
Next morning the breakfast was really nice with a good choice on offer and friendly staff offering good service. We have stayed in several hotels in Cambridge and reckon this to be as good as any.

Room tip: We were in 215 overlooking the garden
Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2018

I did not enjoy my stay in this hotel. The staff was not friendly, loudly speaking Spanish and laughing. The free wi-fi is provided by Cloud, where you need to give up your e-mail address to be used by third parties for spamming you. The room was big, but too hot and very old, really tiny pillows. The bathroom was a disaster - the toilet flush didn't work, the water temperature in the shower was not adjustable. The breakfast was disappointing too - no free standing water or juices, you need to ask for a tiny glass of water OR juice!
There is a nice living room with TV and sofas if you need to wait in the hotel later than the check-out time (no late check-out option).

Date of stay: February 2018