All reviews wellness spa single room fitzwilliam museum priced hotel bed was comfortable city centre biscuits hot drinks train station within easy walking distance location is excellent breakfast was excellent parking space full english no lift the ground floor night's sleep
Reviewed 6 September 2018

The first time I stayed here I had a tiny room with a single bed, and it was fine as a place to sleep to spend the following day on a course at the university. The second time I stayed I had a slightly larger room and bed, and again it was fine. The shower was quite cramped in both rooms, and the second one didn't drain well. The breakfast was a bit lack lustre. It isn't really a modern or luxurious hotel. But for the convenient location and relatively good price it worked well enough.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank mimschat
Reviewed 30 August 2018

If this is the best value hotel in Cambridge then hotels in the city must be generally expensive! There was nothing at this hotel to justify its high cost. There are only 5 parking spaces, there is no lift, the rooms and bathrooms are small and tired-looking. The reception staff were unhelpful and unfriendly. The breakfast was ok and the breakfast staff were quite efficient and friendly.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Raymond P
Reviewed 14 August 2018

We booked into the Lensfield Hotel in Cambridge as a family of three adults and as it was a last minute booking this was the only hotel that came up with availability. It was ‘ok’ but I definitely wouldn’t say any better than that. It was an incredibly old fashioned decor which is fine but this was sort of (in my opinion) the tacky end of traditional. The bathroom was so small and cramped that we could hardly walk round the bath to get to the toilet. Parking is tight in Cambridge so I had prebooked a space through your parking.com at the Royal Cambridge Hotel for £10 per day which is a very short walk away and that worked well for us . The hotel Lensfield had five spaces but these are on a first come first served basis and we would not have got one for most of the duration of our booking so we’re glad we made the alternative parking plan. Breakfast was included and complementary and it was fine. We had a room on the ground floor looking out on the Lensfield Road. This is a busy road and being August and warm the windows were open and the traffic was constant and noisy.

Room Tip: No idea if there are back rooms not looking out on the Lensfield Road but would definitely go for those if there is an option.
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank AnnieM27
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

A friend and I stayed here as another friend was having her hen do in Cambridge. The room was just what we needed. It was a compact room and the bathroom was small with the shower door not closing properly even with a sign that says to close it. It was just what we needed and the breakfast was the perfect cure after a night out.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank lincsabi
Reviewed 3 August 2018

I mainly picked this hotel because I left it quite late to book and this was one of the cheaper ones left still available but actually my friend and I were very pleasantly surprised. It's in a very good location, the staff were very friendly and helpful and the room was a good size and nice and clean. The only thing that was a little bit disappointing was the breakfast as I always look forward to buttered rolls but they were very hard.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends