I stayed here for two weeks on a business trip, so I can't speak to the value of the room as I didn't choose or pay for the accommodation.
- Staff were friendly and helpful with any queries
- Location is good
- The bed was comfortable with nice linens
- Grocery store is one block away
- Severely worn carpet, wallpaper, furnishings
- Distinct musty, old smell pervades the building
- Several mold / mildew spots in the bathroom
- No on-site gym facilities
- No ice machine or in-room fridge
- Wifi connection is spotty at best
- My room (118) faced Parker's Piece, which is apparently a cut-through for late-night revelers as they leave the bars on Regent Street... The windows are old and thin, so the only help I had was having the air conditioning unit fan on high speed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of medieval Cambridge, set back from the hustle and bustle of the town and bathed in green lawn lies this rather special historic hotel. It’s an education in quirky British charm and is famous for its hospitality, not to mention its guests over the years from the Beatles to the Krays. Luxurious rooms full with character await, spiral staircases and of course all of Cambridge’s attractions right on your marble doorstep. Take a punt on University Arms and you won’t be disappointed. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Hotel De Vere University Arms