All reviews the executive lounge valet parking downing street sky tv great hotel city centre excellent location grand arcade within walking distance good size modern hotel easy access first floor excellent stay comfortable stay afternoon tea comfy bed
Reviewed 13 June 2017

I'm not repeating everything I've already written, this is an annoying survey now. And it's making me write more just so I can move on. I have already given lots of information in the lead up to this bit am assuming it will be lost if I don't put something here.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
RFinn, General Manager at Hilton Cambridge City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Dear Hilary100,
Thank you for your comments. We are in receipt of previous comments made via an alternative feedback channel, and I thank you for those.
Yours sincerely, Richard.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

Pleasant and efficient check in staff.
Room was spacious with a pleasant ambience. Temperature was perfect, fully controllable by air conditioning.
Comfortable bed, desk, TV and tea/coffee making supplied.
Spacious bathroom with bath and shower, plenty of towels and toiletries supplied.
This would have got 5 stars but was let down by the breakfast. The breakfast room was poorly signed, layout was confusing with items seemingly scattered about in different areas. Some items of hot food were lukewarm.
As I paid for over half the visit with HHonors points, it was reasonable value, but if paying full price I would have thought overpriced for the level of service.
A one off visit that I am unlikely to repeat.

Room tip: All rooms air conditioned and double glazed.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
RFinn, General Manager at Hilton Cambridge City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Dear Martin W,
Thank you for your visit to Cambridge and thank you for choosing the Hilton. I am delighted you had the opportunity o use some of the well-earned Hilton Honors points to partially reward your stay with us, and that you had an overall satisfactory stay with us.
Sorry to hear that some of the hot food items appeared luke warm. Please rest assured I will address this today with the Chef and Kitchen team to investigate.
Thank you again and all the best, Richard.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

A short hop away from city centre proper, this hotel is in a fine location for anyone looking to visit the colleges, eat well in the fine restaurants, and shop in the boutique stores around town. Perfect as a business hotel, perhaps less personal for casual travelling. Still the room and bathroom were ample, the service charming. Our window looked through the skylight of the dining hall, so I'd suggest asking for a window that looks out to the street or something a little more scenic...

We ended up skipping the breakfast and just getting takeaway from Fitzbillies (oh the Chelsea buns!).

Room tip: Ask for a room that has windows that look out, not in.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Totoro222,
Thank you for your review and for choosing the Hilton Cambridge City Centre. You are correct that we are well-located to all the attractions, shopping and sights of this lovely City, and it's great to here the team looked after you so well.
Thank you again and happy travelling!
Richard.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Excellent location in city centre right next to the grand arcade.large lounge to relax and have a drink from the bar. Clean comfortable room with two double beds. Good breakfast with lots of choice. Would recommend to stay here.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
RFinn, General Manager at Hilton Cambridge City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Dear Owly62,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Hilton Cambridge City Centre. I was delighted to hear you enjoyed a comfortable stay, took time to relax in the lounge bar and enjoyed the breakfast buffet. I hope that we may get the opportunity to be of service again on a future visit to Cambridge.
All the best, Richard.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

Too expensive compared to the quality and service. Very basic room. It was cold in the room, but cooling could not switched off. Nicely located near Cambridge Centre. Nice food in restaurant. Nice staff.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear peteradrk,
Thank you for your review and opinion of the hotel following your stay with us. I am sorry you feel we were not value for money, however we do believe that in a City where hotel rooms are at a premium, for our most central location, and for the quality of service & product we deliver, our rates are reasonable in our local market.
I am sorry you appear to have had an issue with the temperature control in your room. I only wish you had let us know during your stay and given us a chance to rectify this.
I am glad you enjoyed the food and that the team looked after you overall.
Yours sincerely, Richard.