“Friday night takeaway....”

Ranked #160 of 618 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$ 13 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups
Description: WELCOME TO RAJBELASH! At Rajbelash we have a passion for bringing the authentic taste of India to our discerning diners.Our food is based on classic formulas with a modern and imaginative approach, by our award-winning chefs that deliver a wide range of choices from your firm favourites to a whole host of specialities.Give it a try... We use only the finest ingredients and all our chefs have a re
Reviewed 28 May 2021

I ordered through a 3rd party delivery service which can sometimes (nearly always) lead to some disappointment, My order arrived in good time, was piping hot and was delicious! I have never tried Rajbelash before but I can honestly say that this will now be my regular stop for Indian cuisine, I highly recommend this place to anyone who is thinking of ordering a curry! I am planning on dinning in next time to see how the experience and quality compares to what I have had delivered.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (392)

Reviewed 4 December 2020

Really good food, good wine and a wonderful evening for us all. Looking forward to next time! Thank you Rajbelash

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 4 December 2020

Had a great evening at Rajbelash. Very good customer service and lovely people. Food was delicious. Will come back again soon

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 27 September 2020 via mobile

Me and my partner have eaten here and ordered to take away and have never been able to fault it. The food is always full of flavour and we always end up finishing every last bit. Food always arrives in good time in the restaurant and to take away. The staff are always friendly and helpful. Our favourite Indian restaurant in Cambridge by miles!

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 27 August 2020 via mobile

My advise to any company is if you’re going to get it wrong, do it just the once.

So disappointed with my experience at this restaurant. Unfortunately for us it took us way too long to realise that they had forgotten our order. *Mistake no.1*

There weren’t many people in the restaurant, partly due to social distancing reasons, so we didn’t think we would get forgotten.

When they did finally realised they had forgotten our order there wasn’t much of an apology. They assured us that our food was only five minutes away from being on our table, and I repeated the question twice to say are you sure it’s only going to be five minutes more... Unfortunately it was a further 18 minutes before the food came to our table and stupidly we stuck around. *Mistake no.2*

1hr 20mins on the food was on our table, but unfortunately they brought the wrong rice and brought the wrong naan bread. After pointing out they did apologise but at this point we just wanted to eat so we said we’d just have it as it was. I put the rice on my plate and put my curry on top, we started eating the naan and then they brought out the correct food even though we were already partly through the meal that was in front of us. What a waste of food *Mistake no.3*

When we finished the meal we got the bill they did give us a free round of drinks which consisted of two Coca-Colas and 1 pint of Cobra. As in a way of apology they took £6 off the bill leaving us with £60 to pay. Personally I think it wasn’t enough and the attitude of the person serving was like he was doing us a favour *Mistake no.4*

It was a real disappointing experience, lack of care and no noticeable responsibility or honest apology that followed.

Sadly the curry I had was actually nice, only reason they got a 2 star and not a 1 star.

Date of visit: August 2020