“Average chip shop ”

Add it.
The Beach Fryer
Ranked #307 of 761 Restaurants in Cambridge
Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

This is your average chip shop. Friendly staff who always have a smile on their face. Prices are fairly average. Some items can be quite greasy and repeats on you all afternoon.

Date of visit: December 2016

Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

I asked for a large fish, they'd ran out, I asked for a fresh cooked medium fish, the lady on the till refused to cook 1 while I wait and said that the one under the lamp was fresh, despite what the customer wants so I settled for the fish on hold. I then asked if the curry sauce was vegetarian, I couldn't get a straight answer, she said "I think so" but didn't offer to check ingredients. Nor was there information available for customers to check ingredients (this should be available in all food outlets) I was not offered salt & vinegar, I had to tell her to put it on after she wrapped my food. The entire time the lady owner was berating what I would assess to be her son who was also working with her.once home I realised that the oil had not been changed in the fryers for some time.although the fish was nice, the chips tasted of burnt lard.....over priced muck, rude staff.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 23 May 2016

This fish and chip shop offers very good and generous portions .The fish is beautifully cooked in lovely crispy batter.It has always been cooked to order when I have used it .

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 24 January 2016 via mobile

Wouldn't recommend eating in but an excellent take out meal especially on a budget. Amazing service too- lovely people

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 27 October 2015

Fish always freshly cooked, always a smile from Sue and Eddie, the best fish and chips in the area, plenty of car parking.

Date of visit: October 2015