“Very impressed”

Galleria Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Galleria Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 740 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$ 13 - US$ 33
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Galleria restaurant in Cambridge has the most brilliant location at the foot of Magdalene Bridge beside the River Cam, just in one of the deepest parts where the punters come unstuck. With a pair of terraces beside the river, diners have a ringside seat not only for the punting circus, but also for the pleasure of one of England’s loveliest views. This three-level continental restaurant is light and airy, romantic and pleasant, with wrought-iron balconies, ferns, French prints, bistro-style seating. Signature dish is poached fillets of monkfish in lemongrass with sweet red chilli cream sauce and tiger prawns with leeks and mushrooms served with rice. The very reasonable wines tend to favour Old World vineyards.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I had a wonderful lunch with my Son yesterday. I chose the spicy duck from their chalk board selection and my Son had their mussels, he will now only eat mussels from the Galleria he really loves the way they do them. The duck was amazing and so tender, the flavours were excellent and not a burn/hot spicy more of a flavourful experience. I have been to the Galleria before and it still rates as the best restaurant in town, exceptional food, friendly and helpful staff and views of the river that can't be beat. To be honest i have never been disappointed yet!!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I can’t recommend this restaurant enough. It is located on the banks of the River Cam, right in the heart of Cambridge and the food here is good quality and very nicely presented.
Tonight I had the monkfish with a chilli and coconut sauce followed by the cheesecake.
The food is light, tasty and I have come away from the restaurant feeling good after an evening of chatting with friends (when they eventually got there, but that’s a different story).
I have come here on numerous occasions for romantic evenings, client evenings and social get togethers. This place just works well in any context.
Congratulations to Aamir and team for running such a wonderful place.
If you come to Cambridge , do not miss out on this family restaurant that has been serving customers for over 50 years. They know what they are doing.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Well priced, great food, and excellent location. A bit of a cavernous barn so don't take any elderly relatives with hearing difficulties here!

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We came to Cambridge on an anniversary weekend, bit of a last minute thing and didn’t book dinner reservations. We were trying to get in somewhere else but couldn’t so was looking for a similar stand out menu with good surroundings. Oh my goodness this place surpassed all expectations, so much so the original restaurant we wanted and managed to book for the following day, we cancelled because it wouldn’t have come close.
On booking the staff were extremely helpful and squeezed us in despite being busy. On arrival We were seated downstairs, it was quite bright compared to when you first walked in but felt very intimate. It was right on the river so we could look out across the balcony.
I ordered some Sav Blanc for the table, a very good one from New Zealand was provided. To start my partner had mackerel moose and I had duck. He had not eaten a fish moose before but loved it! I must say I had a bit and it was scrummy! The duck I ordered came with melon, salad and a lovely dressing. I didn’t expect my to be cold dish but nevertheless enjoyed it very much. For mains he had duck and I had the tuna....wow. Both were amazing! They were perfectly cooked and the sauce which accompanied both I would never have thought of putting together but they worked so well. The portions were a perfect size but I could have eaten more purely because it was beautiful. Presentation was great too. For dessert we shared a sticky toffee pudding, again this didn’t disappoint.
The staff were all very helpful and friendly.
I love food and eating out, we consider ourselves to be foodies. This place is definitely recommended by us to anyone who appreciates good food with different accompaniments. I would have paid more for the food than what it cost.
We will return here, maybe on a hot summers day and see if we can get seated on the balcony.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Visited for Sunday lunch. The service was good and it is a nice and bright airy restaurant. I had the duck for starter and lamb main course, no room for dessert. The food was well presented and tasty.