“Plenty of space”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Aylesbury
County Kerry, Ireland
“Plenty of space”
Reviewed 13 November 2011

For the rate I paid as an advance booking I thought this hotel good value the room was very large with everything you would expect in a more expensive hotel in fact it was really like an american motel there is also a gym which i didn't use included. on the down side I think £10 for continental breakfast was excessive and the resturant menu was uninspired although very clean the hotel is a little dated and the double glazing is suprisingly poor at keeping out traffic noise even though the hotel is a fair distance from the road

Room Tip: I would ask for one not facing the road
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
wales
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Stayed here overnight with work and had a lovely quiet room on the top floor. Whilst the decor was tired and the TV very old with no remote the room served its purpose for a chill out and good nights sleep.
After a combat class at the adjoining gym which was free, I ordered an omlette to the room which arrived in a timely manner, was hot and tasty,
Not the best hotel I have stayed in but fine for an overnight stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I have stayed in many Hoilday Inns and I have to say that this is the very worst hotel that I have have ever had the miss fortune to stay in.

The rooms are very tired and in need of decorating. The bar/ restaurant is very small and not the nicest of places that i would want to eat. I was here on business and thought that for ease I would eat in the hotel. I was a little concerned when the food I ordered came out so quickly from behind the bar. The kitchen is a small room tucked in behind the bar, it would appear that everything is cooked in a microwave.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Aylesbury hotels

Reviewed 29 September 2011

the hotel its self is very nice and the staff seem very happy and helpful!
I thought that the hotel could use a little updating but overall its very homely and i enjoyed my stay alot!
I bumped into the cleaning staff who greeted me with a very nice good morning and had a wonderful breakfast with the resturant staff being helpful and tending to my needs!
Anyway i enjoyed my stay and would stay here agian! Thank u holiday inn for an enjoyable nights sleep :)

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank lovinholidayinn
Ratingen, Germany
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We decided to stay here because of its location close to a function we were attending. Having so enjoyed the Holiday Inn at Stansted Airport the night before (see my review), we were looking forward to a comfortable stay. This hotel just needs a good & thorough make-over. I can confirm what one of your other reviewers said about the cobwebs in the corners. The cobwebs behind our bedroom door had managed to catch some fairly substantial dust-bunnies, which really ought to have been obvious to any cleaner. The plumbing was also somewhat temperamental. When I turned the hot tap on, nothing came at first. Then, as I continued to open the tap, a sudden rush of very hot water came spraying out. Then, as I reduced the flow to something manageable, a loud, rhythmic banging became evident, which only stopped when I opened the tap completely or else shut it off. We wanted to book breakfast, but were advised by the receptionist that the hotel was busy & that the small breakfast room would not be able to cope at peak time. She told us the best thing would be to show up very early. We therefore decided to have breakfast elsewhere. This hotel has great potential to be a little jewel in the crown of the Holiday Inn brand, but it just doesn't quite get there.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aylesbury
4.0 km away
9.1 km away
Red Lion Hotel
Red Lion Hotel
#1 of 1 in Wendover

Been to Best Western Garden Court Aylesbury? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK