All reviews brewers fayre rupert street city centre attached restaurant coach station car park meal deal colston hall minute walk clean rooms family room excellent stay comfy bed floating harbour air conditioning night's sleep perfect location
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Get there at 2:45, check in is at 2, get our room key and find the cleaner in our room still cleaning? Not even finishing up, genuinely just started cleaning the room. So we went downstairs to get this cleared up and even the receptionist was confused, and gave us a different room on the same floor. The new room had already been visibly cleaned, so we got comfortable and just as we did- someone knocks at the door. It was the cleaner? She looks confused, I look confused, but the room was clean?! Fresh towels and everything? So she goes off on her way and I put a do not disturb sign on the door.
About an hour later we get someone just trying to open the door, not even knocking, and I was on the toilet! I had to rush out to grab the door and stop her coming in.. it was another woman with a clipboard and she was also confused as to why I was in there? Obviously doing a quality check or something on the room but just bizarre? She wouldn’t believe we were in the correct room and barely spoke English and just kept trying to come in and I told her the room was clean and fine and explained the room situation.
She left even more confused and so did I. It was just awful service, we were interrupted several times and to have someone just barge in the room without knocking despite a do not disturb sign was just bizarre! I felt uncomfortable the whole rest of the evening wondering if someone was going to be in my room or not and felt like my belongings were unsafe after that! really poor!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
TraceyAJones, General Manager at Premier Inn Bristol City Centre (Lewins Mead) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Hello Angela,

I am very sorry that our housekeeping team disturbed you on a few occasions and made you feel uncomfortable, I will make sure I sit down with them and ensure this does not happen again.

Kind regards,

Ayesha Maddocks
Assistant Operations manager

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here in July with my partner for a concert and had a wonderful time at this lovely hotel. Brilliantly and conveniently located right in the centre of the city, we definitely chose the right place for our stay. Rooms were clean and comfortable and we didn’t hear any noise at all during our stay. Staff were friendly and attentive and helped make our stay enjoyable. Fabulous hotel and great value for money. Will definitely be staying here again!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, Its amazing to read you found your stay fantastic and had a wonderful time with us!

We hope to see you again in the future,
From all the team at Lewins Mead

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

A good hotel with nice rooms and a very good breakfast. Quiet and very close to town centre. Nothing special but with a reasonable price considering the location. No parking but with 25% of discount to the parking pretty close.

Stayed: August 2018

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, It's great yu found the hotel good with nie rooms and great breakfast

We hope to see you again in the future,

From all the team at Lewins Mead

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Clean. Tidy. Well organised. Friendly staff.
Breakfast is good buffet and fair price.

Only problem is "family room" is just a double bed room with extra beds! We couldnt walk between/sides of the beds and foot of bed was single file. Silly small. We had to ask for more space. Staff were helpful and gave us a "disabled" room. But of course the bathroom was not family friendly.

They really shouldnt advertise family rooms when its clearly an extra attempt after the fact.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Hello,

Thanks for this review we really appreciate it! We are glad you enjoyed most aspects of your stay with us. I do again apologise for the family set up we unfortunalty do have smaller family rooms than some other Premier Inns, I am glad we could help and move you to a disabled room, but you are correct most do have walk in showers whcih sometimes is not always favoured by families.

I hope this has not put you off staying with us again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Ayesha Maddocks
Assistant Operations Manager

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Our visit was to shop and then theatre. The hotel was in the best place for both. Staff were friendly and helpful. Check in and out was easy and meal deal was great value for money with the restaurant next door. Bar staff were above and beyond nice and let us early for show and chatted after to make sure we had a good time. Really lovely. Breakfast was excellent. Highly recommend!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, It's great you found the staff in the hotel and Brewers friendly and helpful and meal deal great value for money.

We hope to see you again,

From team Lewins Mead