“Excellent Thai restaurant”

Giggling Squid Clifton
Ranked #135 of 1,847 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Thai
Description: My husband, Andy, has a cousin who lives in beautiful Clifton. She told us that this part of Bristol would love a Thai restaurant like ours. So we put one in! We really enjoyed turning what was a square box into ‘a feast for the eyes’ as someone put it. You’ll notice that there are lots of books lining the back walls. To open the restaurant, we had to sell the house we were living in, which meant all our books needed a new home. Without me knowing, Andy decided to relocate them to the restaurant! One day I was flicking through a couple of the books, and thought how weird it was that they looked similar to ours. It didn’t hit home until I saw a ‘How To’ baby book covered in my notes! When we eventually buy our own house again, I’ll have to take them back!
Reviewed 6 November 2018

Excellent Thai restaurant - v good and helpful service, food and drink excellent ... good option for a family catch up.

Reviewed 4 November 2018

We went here for my birthday and tend to use this place when we are having special celebratory dinners. The staff are super friendly and the atmosphere is very lively and happy. The crispy Squid is to die for and we will keep coming back. Thanks guys!!

Date of visit: November 2018
GigglingSquid, Manager at Giggling Squid Clifton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Thank you Sarah.

Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

First time eating Thai food for my friends and now they love it! There is so much choice on the menu, and it's always exquisitely cooked.

Date of visit: October 2018
GigglingSquid, Manager at Giggling Squid Clifton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2018

Thank you.

Reviewed 2 November 2018

We had booked a table in advance and were glad of this, as the restaurant was very busy. We were acknowledged immediately and shown to our table, and found the service generally to be extremely efficient. We certainly had no long waits as has been commented on in other reviews. The young staff were friendly and helpful.

We are not Thai food experts so cannot really give a judgement on how things here compare to other Thai restaurants, however we can say we thoroughly enjoyed what we had and found it flavoursome and tasty. The portions were generous and we thought the prices fair. I would particularly recommend the sharing plate starter of rice cakes with different curry dips - delicious!

There is a good atmosphere, although the sound levels were pretty high with the number of diners there. Not sure what could be done about this, but that was probably our only negative.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

We were a group of 5 this was my first visit to GS my friends had been before.
It was very nice ....sharing starter platters and my choice of a prawn green curry was spot on. Choc molten desert finished it off. Nice atmosphere I would definitely visit here again. Quirky library wall.
Thanks